The campaign starts here for re-entry to the EU

deepdaledreamer

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm not sure we will re-join as such as we wont get back in under the same favourable conditions but we will almost definitely move a lot closer than this deal in the foreseeable future.
It was an extremely close call anyway (51.8% to 48.2% despite the lies from the Brexiters, and lets be honest we knew what we had for better or worse in the EU, so the lies DID all come from the one side.
The Demograph has changed in the past 4 years anyway and will only move one way with a younger, more open and less xenophobic population.
As the arch Brexiteers spent Years undermining our membership i don't see why they should expect us not to do the same from the opposite side.
After all the British Government was desperate to join in 70 whatever as we were on our knees, broke and being bailed out by the IMF.
We have become the 5th/6th largest economy by being in the EU and the Gateway for the USA to the European market.

beagleman

Advisor to the Owner
Yawn...... Lets move on people.... Theres a world wide pandemic thats causing devastation and death all over the globe.
Lets get back to Brexit once this shit show is over.... One disaster at a time please.. My brain hurts.. 😩

OP
raefil

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Yawn...... Lets move on people.... Theres a world wide pandemic thats causing devastation and death all over the globe.
Lets get back to Brexit once this shit show is over.... One disaster at a time please.. My brain hurts.. 😩
I`ll move on as much as those who didnt move on after the country overwhelmingly voted to stay in the EU.

The vote has been respected, now its time to campaign to return.

John T

Advisor to the Owner
I`ll move on as much as those who didnt move on after the country overwhelmingly voted to stay in the EU.

The vote has been respected, now its time to campaign to return.
Voted overwhelmingly to STAY in the EU???

I have heard and seen some of these votes in my time
A lot shouted out by a certain Lefties
No doubt a friend’s of yours
They didn’t like secret ballots either

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
The election result in 2019 showed pretty clearly that people wanted this issue settled and put to bed, not opened up again with another EU referendum.

Any party that tries not to move on from this issue and campaigns in an election for another referendum or for re-joining will be hammered at the ballot box.

The best that Europhiles can hope for is a party winning an election that has promised closer alignment with Europe. But the prospect of rejoining is gone for a very very long time.

OP
raefil

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Voted overwhelmingly to STAY in the EU???

I have heard and seen some of these votes in my time
A lot shouted out by a certain Lefties
No doubt a friend’s of yours
They didn’t like secret ballots either
67.2 percent voted 'Yes' and 32.8 percent voted 'No'

That was pretty overwhelming, my friend.

The efforts to undermine that vote started immediately, as it must now.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner

The common market we voted to remain in in 1975 was totally different to the EU we are leaving now. The British people were never given a voice on how the structures and powers in Brussels were being strengthened either.

If there are substantial changes again in the future to our relationship with Europe then perhaps the people will need to have their say again, but I doubt that will be the case. Not for an awful long time anyway.

If Labour or any other party tries to re-open the issue in 2024 they will be end up paying the price again. For me Labour’s switch to a second referendum has to go down as one of the most moronic policies in recent times.

John T

Advisor to the Owner

That's has good of twisting the figures any Left winger I have heard, you must have had some practice

The last I looked it was a more (admittedly) narrow win to Leave
Backed up by an 80 seat General election win, including some ‘so called’ Impregnable Labour Seats

Still a typical Left wing statement of yours

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
I think over the next few years the ERG will become as relevant as the Militant Tendancy.

Theyve just got a new 5 year project. Its all they know or live for. They infest influential circles. Theyre going nowhere unless one or more get incidentally locked up.

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
You do what you like Raef. Don’t let any body stop you or discourage you. It’s call liberty and self-determination.

You persuade enough people to rejoin and whether I agree with you or not, I’ll support any plebiscite to that effect.

Personally I think we should find out just how good/bad this deal is first. I suspect it is shite.

PNEPPC

Manager
Theyve just got a new 5 year project. Its all they know or live for. They infest influential circles. Theyre going nowhere unless one or more get incidentally locked up.
A Google search of 55 Tufton St will show you how far the tentacles of these people spread.
I can just see more and more people over the next few years realising that brexit was nothing more than a con perpetrated by those with most to gain against those with most to lose.

And the way Johnson is looking after his chums, it should just be a matter of time before more than one gets locked up!

deepdaledreamer

Forum Patron
Patron
That's has good of twisting the figures any Left winger I have heard, you must have had some practice

The last I looked it was a more (admittedly) narrow win to Leave
Backed up by an 80 seat General election win, including some ‘so called’ Impregnable Labour Seats

Still a typical Left wing statement of yours
Raef is citing the 1970's original referendum which was overwhelming unlike the recent close call one and from which the right wing anti European sniping started instantly.

chorleythehord

Forum Patron
Patron
We will never be let back in. The French understand us better than we do ourselves , and realise we are “ Anglo Saxons” and not “Europeans” , and they will veto any future application of ours to rejoin.

The danger, as I said as soon as I saw the deal, is that the door is open to tie us in to more of their rules and regulations in 4 years time. It will be mission creep, and through the politicians , keeping those nasty voters out of it. We’ve had the benefit this time of negotiators who didn’t blink when a gun was held to their head. I would not trust that position to hold so firm in the future.