PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The campaign starts here for re-entry to the EU

That Charles DeGaulle knew a thing or two about us. Read your history.

That seems like you are suggesting the first gun is at the ready for a few years time? Yet you still seem to want to rejoin such an organisation?

Looks like we’ve got a target to increase the production of our own energy by 7% over the next five and a half years to neutralise that threat.
5Wo1YRk.jpg

You’re thinking of 10cc I think. But yeah - it’s a great piece of street art/theatre. The video editor has made it a bit cheesy with some of the crowd shots but maybe that was the right way to do it when flash mobs first came on the scene.
Yep Reggie 10cc but if it is art as art then I like it. If it’s art as propaganda then it’s cliched bobbins!

‘Art for art's sake—the usual English rendering of l'art pour l'art, a French slogan from the early 19th century—is a phrase that expresses the philosophy that the intrinsic value of art, and the only 'true' art, is divorced from any didactic, moral, political, or utilitarian function.’

Last edited:
In fairness the video is quite old. Certainly not made with Brexit in mind.
I don’t know about you Raef but I still feel European and British. This emotive nonsense that we aren’t still European is exactly that. If Texas went it alone they’d still be American.

Whilst I consider myself as English, I think of myself as a different sort of English to our friends in the south. I often feel more attached to my northern roots, Lancastrian, Geordie, Irish mix. That sort of question of a sense of identity is worth a thread on its own.

Thats a now tired debate about the quantum of return on investment including the value of being in the single market. Anyway, I prefer concentrating on the real enemy and anti-democrats, the tories, and their mission the split up the UK for political gain and create a tax haven for the rich in the SE. Untying us from future EU financial and tax regulation was a mere stepping stone as part of their strategy.
Just because you perceive it as a tired debate doesn’t make it any less factual.

Oh, and the EU empire is a Tory dream. A non accountable gravy train worth trillions. How about we just have a non political common market? Let’s make it totally transparent so everyone knows who is really gaining and who is really losing. Maybe then we can stop whole nations being forced into austerity or billions being transferred to the Uber rich. Or does that not matter as ‘I’m alright jack’?

Correct with the first point. Nobber and others always rattled on about some billions of cost and refused point blank to see the obvious massive benefit of being in the Single Market.
But your second point is really the number one show in town now.
That’s complete and utter tosh. I have always maintained that I have no problem with a trade deal, or belonging to a single market. The issue I have is with the political money men and treaties signing away our rights.

Don’t make stuff up eh.

Crisis at Dover? Kent is a gigantic Lorry Park?

Where have they all gone?

I suspect this will be all we here about in the days to come

Well when all the Companies settle into the new way of doing things

It will be back to normal

Don’t the Companies who Export to Counties outside The EU have to have the necessary paperwork, and follow the Standards to the Counties they are exporting too

They certainly had to in my day, and to the Letter

Crisis at Dover? Kent is a gigantic Lorry Park?

Where have they all gone?

I suspect this will be all we here about in the days to come

Well when all the Companies settle into the new way of doing things

It will be back to normal

Don’t the Companies who Export to Counties outside The EU have to have the necessary paperwork, and follow the Standards to the Counties they are exporting too

They certainly had to in my day, and to the Letter
Glad you shared that with us John 🤷🏻‍♂️

That’s complete and utter tosh. I have always maintained that I have no problem with a trade deal, or belonging to a single market. The issue I have is with the political money men and treaties signing away our rights.

Don’t make stuff up eh.

Sorry- but bollocks! Look again Nobs ( and @Sepp Blatter too).

Sure, you always said that you would be very happy with a trade deal or common market No way did I say anything contrary to that. I made nothing up. .

But a million(?) times, you portrayed the EU membership fee as a straight forward cost. And just rejected any idea that we should net off the financial benefits that Single Market and customs union brought.

Just because you perceive it as a tired debate doesn’t make it any less factual.

Oh, and the EU empire is a Tory dream. A non accountable gravy train worth trillions. How about we just have a non political common market? Let’s make it totally transparent so everyone knows who is really gaining and who is really losing. Maybe then we can stop whole nations being forced into austerity or billions being transferred to the Uber rich. Or does that not matter as ‘I’m alright jack’?
Its tired because its understood by all sides that economically EU membership was a positive in trade terms, but that we were trading it for sovereignty. Theres only you left that seems to be obsessed with confusing budgetary contribution with investment return.

Sorry- but bollocks! Look again Nobs ( and @Sepp Blatter too).

Sure, you always said that you would be very happy with a trade deal or common market No way did I say anything contrary to that. I made nothing up. .

But a million(?) times, you portrayed the EU membership fee as a straight forward cost. And just rejected any idea that we should net off the financial benefits that Single Market and customs union brought.
?

Was merely liking Nobber's point about a common market without the political BS that the EU has created. And that the EU long since became Tory-like in policy.