PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Championship Playoffs Thread.

Bournemouth v Brentford KO 1800
Barnsley v Swansea KO 2015

Both games tonight.

Not a fan of any of the 4 teams. Brentford finished 3rd and deserve to go up.

Why do they deserve to go up? They bottled it as usual. They were second with games in hand in March and shit themselves as usual.

Hope they don't go up.

I’ve done a Bournemouth / Blackpool double ..... 11.25/1
Decent shout this. Since Dave Bamber did the business with his famous scuffed pen back in the day, Blackpool's play off record is exemplary. I think. Stand to be corrected on this but they seem to get promoted a lot. Was at a barbecue over that way (Kirkham possibly, can't remember) the day they beat Cardiff to get to the Prem. Was a terrible day

Why do they deserve to go up? They bottled it as usual. They were second with games in hand in March and shit themselves as usual.

Hope they don't go up.
With you on this. For me it's a West London BBC media luvvy bias that you hear all the time. Notwithstanding they've moved to Manchester. I'd lump in Fulham and QPR to this as well

With you on this. For me it's a West London BBC media luvvy bias that you hear all the time. Notwithstanding they've moved to Manchester. I'd lump in Fulham and QPR to this as well
I'll gladly give Natalie Sawyer a shoulder to cry on when her beloved Brentford fail to go up yet again.

I've no beef with Swansea. Brentford - I cant stand their arrogant manager. Bournemouth - To me they will always be Tin Pot, despite stealing our best player from us. So for me, it has to be Barnsley. Providing hope that clubs as a similar size to us and not benefitting from the Parachute farce, can still achieve the dream

Hope they don't go up.
They finished 3rd ergo they were the 3rd best team in the league. Remember when we lost to WHU? We beat them twice in the league and finished above them. If it were left to me I would get rid of the play-offs altogether.

Not a fan of any of the 4 teams. Brentford finished 3rd and deserve to go up.

But every one knows that at the start of the season if you finish 2nd you deserve to go up. Brentford didn't finish 2nd hence why they didn't deserve to go up. If they win the play offs then yes they do but you they can't finish 3rd and then cry about it saying 'they deserve it' because quite frankly they didn't they bottled it.

Good job it's not left with you then because if the play offs were got rid then we could forget about getting to the final in 2005 and 2001. We have a slim chance of getting promoted via the play offs anyway. Trying to finish 3rd is pretty much impossible for us.

But every one knows that at the start of the season if you finish 2nd you deserve to go up. Brentford didn't finish 2nd hence why they didn't deserve to go up. If they win the play offs then yes they do but you they can't finish 3rd and then cry about it saying 'they deserve it' because quite frankly they didn't they bottled it.

Good job it's not left with you then because if the play offs were got rid then we could forget about getting to the final in 2005 and 2001. We have a slim chance of getting promoted via the play offs anyway. Trying to finish 3rd is pretty much impossible for us.
They were still the 3rd best team over the season.

As for the play-offs they are purely a money making device masquerading as an end-of-season promotion competition. A league is a league, if you want play-offs then why not just go down the American/rugby model?