The Contenders: Remaining Fixtures

shutts66

Reserve
Watford: Plymouth(h), Leicester(a), Reading(h), Coventry(a)

Shef Wed: Middbro(a), Shef Utd(h), Cardiff(a), Palace(h)

Plymouth: Watford(a), Newcastle(h), Forest(a), Peterbro(h)

Palace: QPR(h), Derby(a), West Brom(h), Shef Wed(a)

Scunny: PNE(a), Bristol City(h), Reading(h), Doncaster(a)

QPR: Palace(a), Cardiff(h), Watford(h), Barnsley(a), Newcastle(h)

I hate to say it, but there are a lot of teams playing each other. This means that some of these teams are guaranteed to pick up points. :(

Can we play 6 across midfield?

And looking back to the Chelsea game, why don't we look to play 5 across midfield away from home?

I thoughton Saturday we looked a tired team, which was no doubt why Fergie freshened it up today. But defensively our midfield is non existant. We need to put someone in there to kick the opposition up and down the park. And fast. ;)

OP
shutts66

shutts66

Reserve
Ha ha ;) It does.

but the point is that two or three will pick up at least SOME points. In other words, we probably need 3 or 4 more. And at the current rate, that will take us into next season ;)

White Womble

Youth Team
I thoughton Saturday we looked a tired team, which was no doubt why Fergie freshened it up today. But defensively our midfield is non existant. We need to put someone in there to kick the opposition up and down the park. And fast. ;)

I agree on that point: Peterborough, WBA, Palace, the same consistent flaw was apparent - midfield were pressing up with the strikers and as soon as we lost the ball the oppo were on to our back 4.

satsuma

First Team

Plymouth are already gone imho and Wednesday look doomed!

OP
shutts66

shutts66

Reserve
White Womble: Yes, in recent home games the midfield have gambled and pushed too far up field. The opposition consistently come through the centre. I can't remember too many goals conceded from crosses, but I recall many, many, many where they just drive through the middle.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron

Shef Wed: Middbro(a), Shef Utd(h), Cardiff(a), Palace(h) 51 points

Plymouth: Watford(a), Newcastle(h), Forest(a), Peterbro(h) 45 points

Palace: QPR(h), Derby(a), West Brom(h), Shef Wed(a) 50 points

Scunny: PNE(a), Bristol City(h), Reading(h), Doncaster(a) 52 points

QPR: Palace(a), Cardiff(h), Watfrd(h), Barnsley(a), Newc(h) 54 points

I have put my prediction as to the total number of points each team will get !

I think we might just scrape 1 more point out of this season ( draw v scunny ) which means we will just about survive....... No thanks to this present bunch of shirkers !!

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron

Plymouth are already gone imho and Wednesday look doomed!

Thanks for that Sats..

I though you might have had a bit more sport with us than that !!! ;)

White Womble

Youth Team
White Womble: Yes, in recent home games the midfield have gambled and pushed too far up field. The opposition consistently come through the centre. I can't remember too many goals conceded from crosses, but I recall many, many, many where they just drive through the middle.

I don't think it gambling by the players - it looks like team instructions to have the central mids pressing up with the strikers.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
. But defensively our midfield is non existant. We need to put someone in there to kick the opposition up and down the park. And fast. ;)

I said this after about 2 games of seeing James and Coutts together. Both excellent players but both offer little protection to the back 4, something McKenna did well.

Can't remember what games it was but we conceded 3 goals in 2 games all right down the middle, and have done more since i.e. QPR

It needs sorting, and fast.