The Fans and the run in. - Make a difference.

Strongbow

Forum Patron
Patron
Not while I'm still breathing......... What's a " Frozen" ?

Pizza, Ice Cube , Lasagne etc ....:)

Its a kids Disney film, not seen it but heard the song a million times ....'Let it Go' ... and you should Bud.
Unless your planning on attacking the 'enemy' like in the old days.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Pizza, Ice Cube , Lasagne etc ....:)

Its a kids Disney film, not seen it but heard the song a million times ....'Let it Go' ... and you should Bud.
Unless your planning on attacking the 'enemy' like in the old days.

I'm a bit long in the tooth for attacking the enemy........ But not too old to still buzz off them...... You retire gracefully if you want old lad...But I'll make a tit of myself until my legs don't work.. Fettler.

Strongbow

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm a bit long in the tooth for attacking the enemy........ But not too old to still buzz off them...... You retire gracefully if you want old lad...But I'll make a tit of myself until my legs don't work.. Fettler.

Fettler ? ... didn't know there were farms down Plungy .....

One of our own

Youth Team
It's about giving people a choice though. If people want to go in that stand then let them. There's been a lot of discussion on this thread about having to move people who've sat in their seat for years. Lets not forget many enjoyed going on the Kop and were booted off without a choice.

That was much different though and it would worsen the atmosphere not make it better...

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
As far as I'm concerned the atmosphere has worsened since people were booted out of the Kop, but lets agree to disagree!

That surely coincided with 4 years of shit football and a relegation and adding the IP. Having 50-100 on there now would not help in the slightest. Get promoted and the big games back then maybe its an option.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
That surely coincided with 4 years of shit football and a relegation and adding the IP. Having 50-100 on there now would not help in the slightest. Get promoted and the big games back then maybe its an option.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why it's not in use for PNE fans at the moment, but they should definitely do it if we go up. Better with North End fans on every side of the ground and it gives people a choice.

Gatsworth

Youth Team
I'd be interested to see what people made of the atmosphere on Saturday.

Personally, I thought we did very well considering the nerves we all must have been feeling! It was nice to see Deepdale relatively full again and I hope everyone comes back for the Gillingham game and creates the same atmosphere :thumbsup:

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
I'd be interested to see what people made of the atmosphere on Saturday.

Personally, I thought we did very well considering the nerves we all must have been feeling! It was nice to see Deepdale relatively full again and I hope everyone comes back for the Gillingham game and creates the same atmosphere :thumbsup:

It's always decent for the big games, it's week in week out that it needs improving.

pne4ever

Manager
On Saturday we did have a group of vocal fans in the bottom corner of the IP stand.
They seemed to make "as much" noise as the Town End at times.
A lot of grounds have a section of home fans next to the away fans and IMO it does make for a better atmosphere.

tcinders

Advisor to the Owner
On Saturday we did have a group of vocal fans in the bottom corner of the IP stand.
They seemed to make "as much" noise as the Town End at times.
A lot of grounds have a section of home fans next to the away fans and IMO it does make for a better atmosphere.

Considering the game was probably the biggest league game of the season and a sizeable away support thought we were pretty poor. I was in the Finney we need more young uns on to lift the atmosphere or a drum!

ZeusHam

Advisor to the Owner
I agree, I thought the atmosphere was poor for such an important game. I believe this was down to 2 major factors:
1. Nerves, the result of this game mattered much more to us than it did to Bristol - their fans could relax and enjoy themselves a little more than ours. Plus the quality from our team wasn't the greatest (but understood with the high stakes).
2. Bristol City had a lot more to shout about with their commanding league position, they could sing with superior voice & I felt they did. After all we can't sing "we're top of the league"

I feel our away support is probably the best & most vocal in the league.
There's an atmosphere of pressure & expectancy at home, away fans aren't as expectant & are usually a lot merrier (helped by fruit juice) they lose most inhibitions & give it some voice - I take my hat off to them, most are a credit to our club!