PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The future of PNE-Online (Please Read)

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
Hello All,

As promised when I took over the forum on your behalf I advised I would keep you informed of behind the scenes stuff as and when so here we are.

As you will have seen I had planned to migrate the forum over to a new server this weekend with new hosts.

Sadly it now appears that due to the sheer size and age of our database they are unable to provide what I believe I had signed up for over the next twelve months. I am currently in dispute with them to try and get out of the contract but this seems unlikely.

However, not moving servers/hosts was not an option in order to keep the site on-line moving forward as we approach 2.5 million posts and ever increasing usage. Therefore I have purchased a great package with a professional hosting company which has rave reviews.

The new sever is top class and will allow for further forum developments as we move forward, for etc hosting of images on the forum, more add ons, and features etc.

I hope to introduce more privileges for patrons as promised when we changed software.

To go alongside this and to safeguard the long term future of PNE-Online I have now acquired all the relevant domain names. ie, .net. .com.

Due to the success of the new forum software I have extended the licence going forward.

Also I am fully committed to keeping PNE-Online ADD FREE - Regardless of how many times a certain bookmakers email me.......

All this has come at a significant cost therefore I would just like to add a little note.

Without our brilliant patrons the forum would not be here and I thank you for your continued support, you really are The Gentry.

If you would like to become a patron and keep us online, you can do so from as little as £5.50 a year you can do so below.

You can do so using our secure debit/credit card facility Stripe or via Paypal.

If you are currently a patron (A MILLION THANK YOU'S) and would like increase your yearly patronship to £10 or upwards you can also do so below.

1579953364566.png

Anyone can also make a one off donation buy clicking the link below.

ONE OFF DONATION

Thank you once again for your continued support.

Ive sent a donation and will increase my subscription in sept when its due.

I, for one, appreciate the work you put into the site and its important that you arent left out of pocket for doing so.

Good to hear that you tell the bookmakers to sling their hook. Pity the club doesn’t. It is amazing to me that some of the most regular posters are not contributors. I echo the comments about appreciating all the work you do, thank you.

The forum is a fantastic place. Thank you.
People never understand what does on behind the scenes. Including me.
Please remember that we talk about real people, and despite our frustration sometimes we need to monitor our tone and language.
How would we feel to be publically vilified.

We are all here to see PNE grow and deveope, through highs and lows.

for those wondering whether they should contribute, JK is a family man with a young family. Like I said earlier its one thing taking for granted the work thats put in but us as users should also ensure that hes not left out of pocket.

Far better than seeing bloody betting sites plastered all over the forum.

The forum is a fantastic place. Thank you.
People never understand what does on behind the scenes. Including me.
Please remember that we talk about real people, and despite our frustration sometimes we need to monitor our tone and language.
How would we feel to be publically vilified.

We are all here to see PNE grow and deveope, through highs and lows.

Credit where it's due and I'm happy to do my part by becoming a patron. £5.50 a year isn't much, after all.

As long as there's a voice for us fans, that's what's important.

Sent you a one off and will increase my subscription when next renews - thanks sincerely for all the work you put into this. If there’s anything at all you need help with, I’m all ears mate - just let me know

This really is a great place for us North End fans to come and share our passion and frustrations for the one thing that we all have in common...

Thanks JK for all the hard work.. I must admit that I didn’t realise all the hard work and money that goes into keeping this fantastic forum running effectively..

How do you get Stripe rather than Pay Pal (which I don’t do) ?
What the frig is Stripe?

I only know of 3. ?

red-stripe-premium-lager-440ml.jpg

Red Stripe (Flying Pickets)
DAsbDQ-XUAERRI1.jpg

St(r)ipe.
170px-Michael_Stipe_1998.jpg

How do you get Stripe rather than Pay Pal (which I don’t do) ?

Stripe are just a company that process debit/credit card payments (I think) you don't need to sign up to anything.

Just click the "become a forum patron" button and choose to pay by card.

Easy peasy. You've now joined the cool lads.

This really is a great place for us North End fans to come and share our passion and frustrations for the one thing that we all have in common...

Thanks JK for all the hard work.. I must admit that I didn’t realise all the hard work and money that goes into keeping this fantastic forum running effectively..

Agree entirely. I have to admit it riles me a bit when prolific posters don’t donate - I know it shouldn’t but I can’t help it!