The Labour Party are cockwombles .....

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron

Where do you even start...:)
Its all a part of whats brought us to where we are now. People choosing politics as a career rather than by conviction and then moving to a party that is a closely aligned to their own views as possible. There are so few now like the Skinners who really have come through from grass roots and go into it with a real desire to improve the lives of people in this country.

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
Its all a part of whats brought us to where we are now. People choosing politics as a career rather than by conviction and then moving to a party that is a closely aligned to their own views as possible. There are so few now like the Skinners who really have come through from grass roots and go into it with a real desire to improve the lives of people in this country.
Yup -a very self-serving individual. I get the impression that, when he entered politics, he would have joined whichever party he felt gave him the best chance of career advancement.

I read a forum that is largely pro-remain and very pro-centrist. Even they can't stand Chuka!

This leapt out at me:

Chuka said:
He added that when he briefly stood for the party leadership in 2015, before withdrawing, he was warned that being of BAME background could count against him.

“The team who were helping me organise, were told by quite a few MPs that they weren’t going to support me, because they didn’t think their working-class constituents would ever vote for a black man – and I was quite taken aback by it,” he says, adding that his new TIG colleagues are more representative of modern Britain.
A little implication that the working classes are inherently racist - add that to Watson's comments suggesting that the Wavertree CLP contains racist thugs, and it doesn't look good. Is it any wonder that centrism is on the decline when its proponents are can be perceived as treating potential voters and members with such contempt?

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Yup -a very self-serving individual. I get the impression that, when he entered politics, he would have joined whichever party he felt gave him the best chance of career advancement.

I read a forum that is largely pro-remain and very pro-centrist. Even they can't stand Chuka!

This leapt out at me:

A little implication that the working classes are inherently racist - add that to Watson's comments suggesting that the Wavertree CLP contains racist thugs, and it doesn't look good. Is it any wonder that centrism is on the decline when its proponents are can be perceived as treating potential voters and members with such contempt?
Chuka is Blair just 30 years younger

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
Chuka is Blair just 30 years younger
While Blair is a narcissistic human being who I grew to detest, he was also a very skilled, charismatic politician (indeed, that was the problem!).

Chuka is none of those things - he is to Blair what May is to Thatcher. A low quality facsimile :D

Although, you could argue that he has one thing in common with Blair - he is becoming universally detested across the political spectrum.

Strongbow

Manager
Labours Anti-Semitism complaints stats are interesting when you take a closer look. From what I can tell, it suggests there are a number of stages that people go through if there's a complaint against them..

Stage 1:
Complaints team determine how serious the allegation might be and decide if they should send you a 1st warning letter or suspend you pending further investigation or, if there's no evidence supporting the allegation, dismiss the case.

Stage 2:
If there's enough evidence to suggest there might be a good case against you then you'll get referred to the anti-Semitism Disputes Panel. The complaints team can also do their own investigation to see if there might be any further supporting evidence before they decide to refer you to the disputes panel.

Stage 3:
The Disputes panel look at the case and decide if you should be issued a 1st warning letter or a formal warning or if the case needs further investigation or, in fact, if it should be escalated to the National Constitutional Committee (NCC). They can also decide to close a case if the evidence really doesn't appear to stack up.

Stage 4:
If it gets all the way to the NCC, you could be faced with expulsion or sanctions.
When you break down the stats you begin to realise just how rare legitimate complaints of anti-Semitism really are in the Labour Party. The 673 complaints is actually only the alleged complaints and at each of the above stages, as the complaints get investigated, you start to see that the vast majority of complaints don't hold water. In fact, at present, only 42 cases got as far as stage 4.
It's also fascinating to find out that there had been an additional 443 complaints submitted against people who weren't even members of the Labour Party, presumably claiming to be Labour Party members in order to further stoke the flames and to undermine the Labour leadership by slandering Labour members. Of course the MSM didn't seem to be overly interested in this rather interesting detail.
Incidentally, I also found Margaret Hodges tweet rather revealing today. She admitted that she has personally submitted over 200 complaints. At best, Hodges didn't do her due diligence and was reporting people who aren't even members of the Labour party, or she's deluded and a good number of the complaints she filed didn't stand up to scrutiny but at worst, this indicates that backstabbers like Hodges are actively working to contrive a fake antisemitism stories to undermine the leadership. If there were only 673 complaints filed and Hodges admits she's personally responsible for over 200 of them then I think the evidence would suggest that it's the latter?

Which ever way you look at it, that is a LOT of complaints ...................

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron

Well said.... The real tragedy of politics today.

John T

Reserve
You never heard of technology?

I was posting throughout the game.

Meanwhile

Ha Ha very good raefil
New tecky stuff is beyound me, A Laptop is my limit
Can't understand how you were finding the time to post though out such a riveting game though
But like the cartoon though

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
"Mossad behind Labour Antisemitism row!"

It's not big and it's not clever to call the democratically elected deputy leader of the Labour Party a traitor Linda. It's really smart to try and split the party even more in pursuit of some sort of ideological purity. I despair at some of my fellow Labour Party members.....utter fucktards. I wonder why I waste my money sometimes when I have to share the same political space as comrades who apparently have no memory of what internecine warfare leads to...get a fucking grip

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
It's not big and it's not clever to call the democratically elected deputy leader of the Labour Party a traitor Linda. It's really smart to try and split the party even more in pursuit of some sort of ideological purity. I despair at some of my fellow Labour Party members.....utter fucktards. I wonder why I waste my money sometimes when I have to share the same political space as comrades who apparently have no memory of what internecine warfare leads to...get a fucking grip
I tend to agree, I voted for tom as Dep leader. My objection to his recent antics will be made the next time there is a vote.