The Labour Party are cockwombles .....

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Likewise - hopefully, a lot of other members will feel the same about him when the time comes for elections.
A party of democrats is demeaned by fuckwits like Linda, and others, who sling around pathetic accusations. Calling Watson a traitor is vacuous and idiotic. Let him stand for reelection on his record, the democratic process needs to prevail over hysterical rankings from dullards.

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
A party of democrats is demeaned by fuckwits like Linda, and others, who sling around pathetic accusations. Calling Watson a traitor is vacuous and idiotic. Let him stand for reelection on his record, the democratic process needs to prevail over hysterical rankings from dullards.
Don't disagree with that - traitor is a very loaded term and isn't helpful.

That does work both ways - Watson needs to choose his words, too. Some of the things he has been saying can be perceived as very divisive. I am starting to really dislike him :)

PNEPPC

First Team
I don't mind Williamson - a bit of passion and fire. I much prefer him to the some of the bland MPs inhabiting the party. Or the slimy, self-serving shitbags like Kinnock and Benn.
Which version of Williamson do you not mind?

Version 1: The Labour councillor who supported PFI and went into coalition with the Tories?

Version 2: The loyal Miliband supporter who supported military action in Libya and Iraq?

Version 3: The loyal Corbynista?

Version 4: The loyal supporter of the next Labour leader who he can hitch his wagon to?

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron

Version 1: The Labour councillor who supported PFI and went into coalition with the Tories?

Version 2: The loyal Miliband supporter who supported military action in Libya and Iraq?

Version 4: The loyal supporter of the next Labour leader who he can hitch his wagon to?
Id hope thats true of every leader. Despite resigning my membership I did nothing to undermine Blair, in public.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Don't disagree with that - traitor is a very loaded term and isn't helpful.

That does work both ways - Watson needs to choose his words, too. Some of the things he has been saying can be perceived as very divisive. I am starting to really dislike him :)
That's a shame when he speaks so highly of you ;);)

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron

There are many things about Chris Williamson I do not agree with - history proved his support of the PFI to be very wrong. I don't mind the coalition - local politics is very different from national politics, and I have said many times that I would have no problem supporting a good Tory candidate or even council.

I liked Ed Miliband until they tried the Happy Warrior stuff and tried to turn him into David. Disagree strongly with Chris about the military action. Naturally, I have no issue with him supporting Corbyn, and we will have to see who the next leader will be in good time.

You actually missed the big one - he is pro-EU and supported remain. Despite that, I 'don't mind' him. ;)

Like you, I could always cherrypick his voting record to find only things I agree with:

I don't mind the Chris Williamson who supports nationalising railways
I don't mind the Chris Williamson who is pro-animal rights
I don't mind the Chris Williamson who is generally against welfare cuts and lowering taxes on the rich
I don't mind the Chris Williamson who thinks that anti-Semitism has been weaponised and blown out of proportion in the Labour Party.

I don't agree 100% with any politician - if I did, I would be one of those Corbyn cultists or Trots we are warned about. And that would not do.

Hell, I find some of your views to be very distasteful, but I 'don't mind' you.

That's about it, really - I'm not interested in going further down any unproductive rabbit holes :)

Waltz

First Team
There are many things about Chris Williamson I do not agree with - history proved his support of the PFI to be very wrong. I don't mind the coalition - local politics is very different from national politics, and I have said many times that I would have no problem supporting a good Tory candidate or even council.

I liked Ed Miliband until they tried the Happy Warrior stuff and tried to turn him into David. Disagree strongly with Chris about the military action. Naturally, I have no issue with him supporting Corbyn, and we will have to see who the next leader will be in good time.

You actually missed the big one - he is pro-EU and supported remain. Despite that, I 'don't mind' him. ;)

Like you, I could always cherrypick his voting record to find only things I agree with:

I don't mind the Chris Williamson who is generally against welfare cuts and lowering taxes on the rich
I don't mind the Chris Williamson who thinks that anti-Semitism has been weaponised and blown out of proportion in the Labour Party.

I don't agree 100% with any politician - if I did, I would be one of those Corbyn cultists or Trots we are warned about. And that would not do.

That's about it, really - I'm not interested in going further down any unproductive rabbit holes :)
Wow. To clarify the thing that vexes you most about Tom is his views on anti-semitism in the party. Coming from a person who was so upset by insubstatiated BTL comments in newspapers about Greece, that surprises me. Corbyn, McDonnell, Formby, Watson, the chair of my local branch and Williamson all agree, that there is an issue. So much so, Williamson has apologised for suggesting we were being “too apologetic” and “given too much ground”.

From the man who weaponises BTL comments in the Guardian. 😂😂

Who is behind the weaponising and why? 🤔

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
Wow. To clarify the thing that vexes you most about Tom is his views on anti-semitism in the party. Coming from a person who was so upset by insubstatiated BTL comments in newspapers about Greece, that surprises me. Corbyn, McDonnell, Formby, Watson, the chair of my local branch and Williamson all agree, that there is an issue. So much so, Williamson has apologised for suggesting we were being “too apologetic” and “given too much ground”.

From the man who weaponises BTL comments in the Guardian. 😂😂

Who is behind the weaponising and why? 🤔
:)

PNEPPC

First Team

You don't think his "beliefs" seem a tad opportunistic then?

Waltz

First Team
Sometimes they are, I think - as with many politicians (and people generally).

I did say 'don't mind,' not 'I agree with everything he does and says.' :)
“Don’t mind” I don’t mind eating leftover pizza so in effect, another bland meaningless statement. A man of words like you should (does) know better.
🧐