The Labour Party are cockwombles .....

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Good for him, Starmer has got this so wrong.

The "Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill" allows undercover agents to LEGALLY commit ANY CRIME in pursuit of their duties. Political activists... let that sink in.

I'd ask why any Labour MP would agree to abstain on what amounts to a fascist's charter.

Why, Keir Starmer?

Sepp Blatter

Forum Patron
Patron
The "Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill" allows undercover agents to LEGALLY commit ANY CRIME in pursuit of their duties. Political activists... let that sink in.

I'd ask why any Labour MP would agree to abstain on what amounts to a fascist's charter.

Why, Keir Starmer?

Starmer's record when DPP is not great with respect to surveillance, torture, and free speech.

Carrying on in the same authoritarian vein, sadly.

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
These are the ones who stood firm against it.

Winkytinky

GTTO
Patron

Why, Keir Starmer?

I emailed Mark Hendrik before the vote, not a shock I had no reply and that he didn't vote against.

Sepp Blatter

Forum Patron
Patron
The problem is, IMO, that Starmer is following the New Labour playbook and trying to triangulate - if the Tories propose something, then adopt the same policy but watered down in an attempt to keep centrist voters and even Tory voters onside.

The problem is that, as has happened in other countries, people now see through that and he is going to haemorrhage more votes than he gains, through abandoning his party's core values and voters.

Winkytinky

GTTO
Patron
The problem is, IMO, that Starmer is following the New Labour playbook and trying to triangulate - if the Tories propose something, then adopt the same policy but watered down in an attempt to keep centrist voters and even Tory voters onside.

The problem is that, as has happened in other countries, people now see through that and he is going to haemorrhage more votes than he gains, through abandoning his party's core values and voters.
Indeed, he's literally gone to war with the unions. The whole Labour Party was built on the back of the unions. I never had high hopes for him but he's gone beyond letting core Labour voters down 🙁

Sepp Blatter

Forum Patron
Patron
Indeed, he's literally gone to war with the unions. The whole Labour Party was built on the back of the unions. I never had high hopes for him but he's gone beyond letting core Labour voters down 🙁
Never really had any hopes for him due to his record as DPP.

Obviously an intelligent man, but also capable of stupidity. Why he cannot see what has happened to Third Way/New Labour parties across Europe and understand that it doesn't work bemuses me. Trapped in the bubble, maybe?

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Starmer whipped to abstain to avoid this.

Keith mate.

These are not normal, rational thinking people you are dealing with, theyre attack dogs because they have nothing else to offer. Give them an inch and.........................

Well you know the rest, Keith. JC gave you an inch and you used the it well didnt you?

If you dont take these wankers on at their own game you will lose.