The Labour Party are cockwombles .....

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
Your views on this trans issue are sensible.
Sensible? I have never been so insulted in my life :D

I think most folk are pretty sensible about it, tbh. The Brits are very good when it comes to tolerance, especially gay and trans rights. But, at some point, one group's rights end and another's start - you can't promote equality if you are taking it away from others.

On a more personal note, I am not a fan of people trying to suppress speech, close down debate, and change language, one of the most insidious forms of oppression.

Realistic

usual liker
Patron
Sensible? I have never been so insulted in my life :D

I think most folk are pretty sensible about it, tbh. The Brits are very good when it comes to tolerance, especially gay and trans rights. But, at some point, one group's rights end and another's start - you can't promote equality if you are taking it away from others.

On a more personal note, I am not a fan of people trying to suppress speech, close down debate, and change language, one of the most insidious forms of oppression.
Didn't see this yesterday but (y)

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
One thing I have noticed with some members of the press crowing about Bercow joining the Labour Party is the question of why an ex-conservative MP feels so at home there. Doesn't that say a lot about the direction of the LP and whether it is providing genuine opposition.

Winkytinky

GTTO
Patron