The Labour Party are cockwombles .....

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Never done that, and I never will. Because I'm not some leftie fucktard that uses shit like that or makes stuff up because they can't argue their point. And well done for avoiding me shining a light on your double standard, one rule for them and another rule for others, virtuous anti-racist stance.
Really? ;)

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
You can take it as saw no point in its use. Theres enough to condemn him with without that kind of stuff.

I'd bet a pound to a penny that I could find multiple posts with that level of satire, that you've posted in the past. But that's not particularly relevant. it looks like we should go back to basics..

Do you not agree that satire is a hugely important weapon we have against the powerful? Do you not agree that the Blair photo was a form of satire?

As Sepp's Guardian link shows, that image made a huge difference in bringing Blair's actions to public consciousness. If you 'cancel' that level of satire/humour, we're done for. This is not deep-faking or anything like that. They are clearly photoshopped. I can't believe that you don't see it that way.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Have to say that this makes me a bit uneasy, too. It looked like satire to me - bad taste and ill timed, but not meant to be taken seriously.

Does that mean I can be sued for the photoshop I made of David Cameron fucking a pig?

I certainly wouldn't have the financial means to fight it in court.

It's so ridiculously OTT then only a complete peckerhead would take it seriously, so indeed it was satire.. But I also completely understand why Corbyn took offence and why the clown ( who should know better) apologised.......... You should have been arrested for your pig jibe. No respect for your betters. :ROFLMAO:

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Satirical criticism of government is at stake here - and I don't need to tell you that satirical criticism often undermines powerful people far far more than measured logical discussion ever would.

Of course, 'where does it stop?' is a key question. Your paedo example is clear... but with this sort of thing, you always run into grey areas where ultimately, a judge needs to judge. For me, this photoshop was in a grey area, but I would have expected a judge to clearly dismiss it. (did a judge actually judge this one... or has the Tory shit himself and paid up before it all got to a level where it might take his house off him?)

This is exactly where Snicky is (holds nose) exactly right in saying that Corbyn has gone for a man of relatively meagre means - Whatever that detail, this judgement has the effect of moving the line in the sand when it comes to judging grey areas... and, as I say, satirical criticism of government is at stake.

It would be very interesting if you could give an opinion on the legality of the Blair and Johnson photos that Sepp posted. You've certainly shared many images in the past that would be on a par with these. Were they published with impunity?

Bang on.... And that would also bugger up " Spitting Image " which would be a disaster.. :)

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
It's so ridiculously OTT then only a complete peckerhead would take it seriously, so indeed it was satire.. But I also completely understand why Corbyn took offence and why the clown ( who should know better) apologised.......... You should have been arrested for your pig jibe. No respect for your betters. :ROFLMAO:
The pig-fucking memes were a thing of beauty :D

CPcoA3qW8AAaxvt.jpg

CPas2VMWgAA7Tnp.jpg-large.jpeg

noelpne

Forum Patron
Patron
There should be a vote for Proportional Representation, down to a maximum of the say, top six most voted-for Parties .
Goodness only knows how any individual could form a Cabinet, or who indeed would even be the actual Prime Minister, but FFS the current system needs a Major Overhaul. Going on a frame of what it was like in WW2 would be a start.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
There should be a vote for Proportional Representation, down to a maximum of the say, top six most voted-for Parties .
Goodness only knows how any individual could form a Cabinet, or who indeed would even be the actual Prime Minister, but FFS the current system needs a Major Overhaul. Going on a frame of what it was like in WW2 would be a start.

It is getting there but the road is long and slow. it will happen I hope, otherwise it will be difficult to get this corrupt lot out of office.
Cat Smith resigns, calling for PR
Today Labour frontbencher Cat Smith stepped down from the Shadow Cabinet.

I look forward to spending more time in Lancashire, campaigning for proportional representation and challenging the Government on their woeful inaction on tackling the climate emergency."

In her resignation letter, she specifically called on Keir Starmer to back Proportional Representation.
"You will also be aware that I am a longstanding advocate of proportional representation and I am disappointed that we, as a party, have not adopted a position which I believe to be fundamentally fairer and very much in keeping with the views of many of my constituents."
T

Every other major opposition party in Great Britain already supports equal votes.
Many senior figures from all parts of the Labour Party want PR.
And 80% of the Labour membership, and trade unions like Unite, now want an end to First Past the Post.
Big change is possible, but only if our campaign doesn't let up. Cat Smith is one of many MPs who have publicly spoken about their constituents' calls for PR. But to win, we need more.
By helping the campaign organise more meetings between constituents and MPs, you can make sure that every MP hears the voice of their constituents.

London Tories oppose First Past the Post

Four Conservatives on the London Assembly voted to oppose plans to impose First Past the Post on London voters in mayoral elections.
Conservative Assembly Members Emma Best, Andrew Boff, Tony Devenish, and Neil Garratt all backed a motion calling on the Government to stop its "backwards step".
The motion was proposed by the Greens, seconded by Labour, and the cause is supported by everyone from the Liberal Democrats to Reform UK.
Make Votes Matter is a cross-party movement. Treating all British voters equally is a basic British value, shared by democrats from every corner of the political spectrum.
The more members of their party that call on them to stop, the more difficult it will be for Boris Johnson and Kemi Badenoch to force their democratic downgrade through.
https://www.makevotesmatter.org.uk/

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron

It is getting there but the road is long and slow. it will happen I hope, otherwise it will be difficult to get this corrupt lot out of office.
Cat Smith resigns, calling for PR
Today Labour frontbencher Cat Smith stepped down from the Shadow Cabinet.

I look forward to spending more time in Lancashire, campaigning for proportional representation and challenging the Government on their woeful inaction on tackling the climate emergency."

In her resignation letter, she specifically called on Keir Starmer to back Proportional Representation.
"You will also be aware that I am a longstanding advocate of proportional representation and I am disappointed that we, as a party, have not adopted a position which I believe to be fundamentally fairer and very much in keeping with the views of many of my constituents."
T

Every other major opposition party in Great Britain already supports equal votes.
Many senior figures from all parts of the Labour Party want PR.
And 80% of the Labour membership, and trade unions like Unite, now want an end to First Past the Post.
Big change is possible, but only if our campaign doesn't let up. Cat Smith is one of many MPs who have publicly spoken about their constituents' calls for PR. But to win, we need more.
By helping the campaign organise more meetings between constituents and MPs, you can make sure that every MP hears the voice of their constituents.

London Tories oppose First Past the Post

Four Conservatives on the London Assembly voted to oppose plans to impose First Past the Post on London voters in mayoral elections.
Conservative Assembly Members Emma Best, Andrew Boff, Tony Devenish, and Neil Garratt all backed a motion calling on the Government to stop its "backwards step".
The motion was proposed by the Greens, seconded by Labour, and the cause is supported by everyone from the Liberal Democrats to Reform UK.
Make Votes Matter is a cross-party movement. Treating all British voters equally is a basic British value, shared by democrats from every corner of the political spectrum.
The more members of their party that call on them to stop, the more difficult it will be for Boris Johnson and Kemi Badenoch to force their democratic downgrade through.