PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

wld;n3423601 said:
Yes, they probably would - at least to the major issue. The major difference is the customs union / trade deal, something Labour want and something the EU would concede on. However, the fact May won’t budge on that is, at least in my opinion, going to contribute to her downfall as much as anything,

Of course, she’s not budging on trade and no deal because she’s terrified of what will be unleashed on her by the backbenchers.

Barry Gardiner debunks the myth that we can't do our own trade deals if members of a custom union

https://twitter.com/Corbynator2/status/1084933233337352198?s=19

raefil;n3423623 said:
Barry Gardiner debunks the myth that we can't do our own trade deals if members of a custom union

https://twitter.com/Corbynator2/status/1084933233337352198?s=19

But as he states, when reading from Article 8 paragraph 1,
The union may conclude specific agreements with countries concerned, these may contain reciprocal rights and obligations as well as the possibility of industrial activities jointly
To me that doesn't necessarily mean that we could do our own trade deals, only that we may and there is a possibility if the EU agree with our proposed trade deals. What happens if we get a better trade deal than the EU? Will they then agree to our trade deal with X country or may they possibly block it?

norfolk white;n3423632 said:
But as he states, when reading from Article 8 paragraph 1,
To me that doesn't necessarily mean that we could do our own trade deals, only that we may and there is a possibility if the EU agree with our proposed trade deals. What happens if we get a better trade deal than the EU? Will they then agree to our trade deal with X country or may they possibly block it?

That's what negotiation is about. Sitting down properly and exploring common ground and compromise.

norfolk white;n3423639 said:
But what compromises have the EU given us so far?

Red lines dictated compromise structure. I mean dictated too.

May failed and failed badly. Move over and let decent people negotiate.

raefil;n3423645 said:

Would have thought these people would have to put thier knees under the table to enable them to negotiate anything tbh

Strongbow;n3423682 said:
Would have thought these people would have to put thier knees under the table to enable them to negotiate anything tbh

May's red lines remain. What's there to talk about? The weather? PNE's prospects at QPR?

Strongbow;n3423682 said:

If she sits down with Corbyn, to discuss the possibility of agreeing a deal with the Labour Party, Steve Baker from the ERG has made it clear that it could split the Tory Party.

Waltz;n3423696 said:
If she sits down with Corbyn, to discuss the possibility of agreeing a deal with the Labour Party, Steve Baker from the ERG has made it clear that it could split the Tory Party.

I've never really understood what Baker was doing as a Tory. He's more UKIPy than most kippers.

PNEESSEX;n3423698 said:
I've never really understood what Baker was doing as a Tory. He's more UKIPy than most kippers.

God has told him that he should campaign on behalf of, white asbestos, vile man. Dangerous.

raefil;n3423645 said:

I agree, she has failed very badly and I have no problem with someone 'decent' negotiating our leaving the EU as long as it is along the lines of what the majority voted for and that is to leave.

norfolk white;n3423749 said:
I agree, she has failed very badly and I have no problem with someone 'decent' negotiating our leaving the EU as long as it is along the lines of what the majority voted for and that is to leave.

Oh i agree and always have done, the country voted leave and leave we must.

I suspect there are thosein high places who dont agree though.

PNEESSEX;n3423692 said:
May's red lines remain. What's there to talk about? The weather? PNE's prospects at QPR?

Hang on a minute for the last few years you have advocated people sitting to down negotiate a deal of some sort but now that your busted flush hero Comrade Corbyn has been given a chance to contribute he chooses to spit his dummy out you are now saying whats the point in negotiating.

Talk about blind faith ......... :rolleyes:

Waltz;n3423696 said:

Thought the plan was to involve all political parties and not just the Labour party ?

Strongbow;n3423810 said:
Hang on a minute for the last few years you have advocated people sitting to down negotiate a deal of some sort but now that your busted flush hero Comrade Corbyn has been given a chance to contribute he chooses to spit his dummy out you are now saying whats the point in negotiating.

You despise corbyn so youre warped view doesnt matter.

If youd only admit it, at least to yourself, youd prefer tommy in the negotiations.

Strongbow;n3423810 said:

One of the key elements that is much underestimated in negotiations is timing. JC will sit down with her eventually because she will be forced to remove some of the red lines once it's abundantly clear that she still can't get her own way. I reckon by Tuesday or Wednesday next week she will have to start making concessions because she wont get enough people from anywhere in Parliament onside until she does.

PNEESSEX;n3423817 said:
One of the key elements that is much underestimated in negotiations is timing. JC will sit down with her eventually because she will be forced to remove some of the red lines once it's abundantly clear that she still can't get her own way. I reckon by Tuesday or Wednesday next week she will have to start making concessions because she wont get enough people from anywhere in Parliament onside until she does.

Funny how May refusing to engage with Labour for the last 2 years wasn't viewed or reported as the Tories putting party before the national interest.

May having severed her own hands now wants JC to cut the wires on the bomb she created and fall on his own sword whilst doing it