PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

I almost always use the Oxford comma - makes things much clearer and reduces ambiguity. Never had anyone complain!

If she is already micromanaging things like that, it doesn't bode well for the future.
Somebody called it bike shedding management - I tend to agree that it's a distraction from far more important matters

Secondly re ' positivity ' is code for we not broker any criticism as it's ' negative ' ?

Thirdly it also means do not give us any problems that we've no inclination to deal with and / or no interest in ?

The problem is that attitude works it's way down the NHS chain of command and it'll mean disciplinaries / victimisation / employment tribunals / none disclosure agreements and of course Industrial Action and strikes ?
Personally I think she's been dreadful as DWP SoS with car crash media interviews ' taking one for Team Boris ' - far too defensive & very badly briefed .

Intend to buy a new computer, but every time I put money aside, something crops up - medical bills, electricity bills, vet bills etc. Money has been very tight for a couple of years!
I know the Greeks love a bit of ancient history but there’s no need to create a technology museum on their behalf

Is this budget actually real?
Surely it's some kind of satirical drama where the cabinet all play parodies of themselves?
Where's Alan B'stard?

He didn't put a smiley on his original post, he went back and added it afterwards, you can see where I quoted him.
If I remember rightly I upgraded from Windows 7 Professional with a cocha Product Key , passing the Genuine Advantage check to Windows 10 , it was past the time after the free upgrades ; but I exaggerated being a bit short sighted as a disability to Microsoft .

The processor Intel Quad Core Q6600 ( utterly ancient as there's been 12 i generations since ? ) was accepted as supported by Windows 10 , as was the Foxcon motherboard custom made as Dell proprietary ( Circa 2009 )

Think it took a long time , and I let the PC do it's work overnight and it was the second attempt as there was an issue with the time difference between the US and England with Microsoft's server .

There is a way round upgrading to Windows 11 , Google is your friend as they say .

I know the Greeks love a bit of ancient history but there’s no need to create a technology museum on their behalf
Will hopefully rectify the situation soon - the problem is that most cheaper laptops can't handle the workload and my heavy typing, so the keyboard falls apart very quickly. This is a reconditioned Fujitsu and it is superb - but it is past its retirement age. Hoping to find something similar.

Voting or defending the Conservatives should carry the same social stigma as driving when pissed.

Defending these horrible, greedy, self serving scumbags is reprehensible. Sure, they may personally be better off, but anyone who thinks in this way has relinquished their place as a functioning member of society and has no right to moan when services crumble, crime and poverty go through the roof and people have less access to health care and education.

Tories may have a 'different point of view' but that doesn't mean it should be treated as 'reasonable'.

Apart from a minor blip they have run this country for most of my life. Everything shit, decayed and corrupt is on these fuckers and the people that vote for them.

To be fair, for some reason, the smileys don't always work on my computer - which is a complete pain in the arse. I believe it is because I am still on Windows 7 - if anyone else more technical has any ideas, they would be welcome!
I've tried to answer by describing how I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on a 13 yr old desktop .

The performance also improved by replacing the mechanical hard drive with a Solid State hard drive , it cost me about £28 a few years back and it had the then latest Samsung chip .

But ! You can only do so much , outdated slow memory ( 8 GB ) , a lot of sites , Social Media such as Facebook eat memory and then there's the local rag ones with all the advertising pop ups and videos .

However they'd say that they're paying for news coverage .

I've tried to answer by describing how I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on a 13 yr old desktop .

The performance also improved by replacing the mechanical hard drive with a Solid State hard drive , it cost me about £28 a few years back and it had the then latest Samsung chip .

But ! You can only do so much , outdated slow memory ( 8 GB ) , a lot of sites , Social Media such as Facebook eat memory and then there's the local rag ones with all the advertising pop ups and videos .

However they'd say that they're paying for news coverage .
Did think about upgrading to Windows 10 but can't risk it - my backup computer is even slower if anything goes wrong. Still trying to save up for something new, which will solve all the problems! Already have a solid state drive installed - its the lack of RAM that is the issue. Could upgrade it, but by the time I have bought everything this laptop needs, I would not be far short of buying a new one.

If I remember rightly I upgraded from Windows 7 Professional with a cocha Product Key , passing the Genuine Advantage check to Windows 10 , it was past the time after the free upgrades ; but I exaggerated being a bit short sighted as a disability to Microsoft .

The processor Intel Quad Core Q6600 ( utterly ancient as there's been 12 i generations since ? ) was accepted as supported by Windows 10 , as was the Foxcon motherboard custom made as Dell proprietary ( Circa 2009 )

Think it took a long time , and I let the PC do it's work overnight and it was the second attempt as there was an issue with the time difference between the US and England with Microsoft's server .

There is a way round upgrading to Windows 11 , Google is your friend as they say .
Can anybody translate this? :D :cry:

Voting or defending the Conservatives should carry the same social stigma as driving when pissed.

Defending these horrible, greedy, self serving scumbags is reprehensible. Sure, they may personally be better off, but anyone who thinks in this way has relinquished their place as a functioning member of society and has no right to moan when services crumble, crime and poverty go through the roof and people have less access to health care and education.

Tories may have a 'different point of view' but that doesn't mean it should be treated as 'reasonable'.

Apart from a minor blip they have run this country for most of my life. Everything shit, decayed and corrupt is on these fuckers and the people that vote for them.
Shows how shit the opposition is then doesn't it.

So 1p cut in Income tax basic rate = £5bn cost - benefits 34 million people
Remove additional rate tax = £2bn cost - benefits 629,000 people

1.5p cut in income tax basic rate = £7.5bn cost and still benefits 34 million people, lets reject that

No wonder they rely on people bright enough to earn average wages but too dim to realise they are just lickspittles doing their work for them