PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

Conservative ideology for beginners:

The rich need more money because otherwise they won't work very hard.
The poor need money taken from them otherwise they won't work very hard.

The rich (who hoard, rather than spend) need more money to invest and spend to stimulate growth which is good.
The working population can't have pay rises because they will have more money to spend which raises inflation which is bad.

Common ownership of things we all use is bad because it restricts innovation and is inefficient and uncompetitive.
Guaranteeing the profits of large corporate entities whose prices cannot be paid in a competitive market is good.

Interesting resurrection of an article from a few years back. Maybe an insight for people in what a Truss and Kwarteng vision looks like

I truly despair. I mean, without going into the huge flaw in this suggestion, I just wonder how bad things have to become before we can get these idiots out of office.

They will leave when there are no more assets left to strip. So, not long now then.

Wonderful, she must have been reading the newspapers. Maybe Labour should star being just a little active against this right-wing shit show.

Tax cuts: Kwasi Kwarteng's measures benefit richest, Labour says​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63019307

The government's tax cuts will benefit the richest 1% and make the next generation worse off, Labour has said.
Deputy leader Angela Rayner told the BBC the chancellor's approach of "trickle-down economics" was a "dangerous gamble".

Wonderful, she must have been reading the newspapers. Maybe Labour should star being just a little active against this right-wing shit show.

Tax cuts: Kwasi Kwarteng's measures benefit richest, Labour says​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63019307

The government's tax cuts will benefit the richest 1% and make the next generation worse off, Labour has said.
Deputy leader Angela Rayner told the BBC the chancellor's approach of "trickle-down economics" was a "dangerous gamble".
Nah, Labours mantra these days is never interrupt your enemy when they are doing things that will benefit you 😉

Wonder who the Labour Party will have as their candidate in the West Lancashire By Election , as Rosie Cooper is standing down ?
Last time , a different ball game for Truss ? ; in the rural parts the prospect of fracking might go down well ?

Rosie Cooper
Labour
27,45852.1%-6.8%
Jack Gilmore
Conservative
19,12236.3%-1.1%
Simon Thomson
Liberal Democrat
2,5604.9%2.9%
Marc Stanton
The Brexit Party
2,2754.3%4.3%
John Puddifer
Green Party
1,2482.4%1.1%

The iTV series starts on Monday October 3rd and apparently there'll be a documentary after the series

Large cut in the upper dividend taxes for billionaire party donors appears to have crept through relatively unnoticed....

As a result he has abolished the additional rate of dividend tax, currently at 39.35 per cent, to align with the upper rate of 32.5 per cent next year.

It comes on top of the previously announced plans to abolish the 1.25 per cent increase that former Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced last year.

Last October Sunak raised the rates of income tax applicable to dividend income by 1.25 per cent, raising the ordinary rate to 8.75 per cent and the upper rate to 33.75 per cent.

It means basic-rate taxpayers will once again pay 7.5 per cent from next April.

John Ware and the BBC need to account for their part in this.
That Panorama show had more holes in it than a colander. It didn't show the slightest bit of journalistic integrity and was filled with lies and inaccuracies.

Hard to see it as anything but a BBC hit piece.

I haven't seen the latest news on this but the damage has been well and truly done.

That Panorama show had more holes in it than a colander. It didn't show the slightest bit of journalistic integrity and was filled with lies and inaccuracies.

Hard to see it as anything but a BBC hit piece.

I haven't seen the latest news on this but the damage has been well and truly done.
The LP paid Ware and some of the participants in that smear piece damages, against legal advice. Utterly shameful of the LP and nothing but gutter journalism from Ware and the BBC, I'd love to see the people they smeared suing all their arses.