PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Mill re-opening??

Re: The Mill re-opening??

Oreet lad, I overheard some gothic scroats saying it today in town, they said summut about seeing flyers knocking about round town.....?!

As what?

The place just doesn't make money. It’s too big for unsigned/small bands and too small for the likes of the Sunshine Underground/Milburn/the Rifles who are signed bands wanting to take things a bit further.

As for club nights its just too far out of the way for lazy stoodents to get to.

No support pubs/bars for miles around and some dark roads to walk down to get to it. Those that did make the trip had to deal with the chavs who began gathering outside between 1 and 3am with the sole purpose of starting fights with students/indie kids/moshers.

We will have to see about the venue. Its needs some major development work and lots more advertising. Its in a far better place than the Mill but still not a wholly desirable location being stuck behind the bus station/guild hall.

tg

thegooooooooooch said:
As what?

The place just doesn't make money. It’s too big for unsigned/small bands and too small for the likes of the Sunshine Underground/Milburn/the Rifles who are signed bands wanting to take things a bit further.

As for club nights its just too far out of the way for lazy stoodents to get to.

No support pubs/bars for miles around and some dark roads to walk down to get to it. Those that did make the trip had to deal with the chavs who began gathering outside between 1 and 3am with the sole purpose of starting fights with students/indie kids/moshers.

We will have to see about the venue. Its needs some major development work and lots more advertising. Its in a far better place than the Mill but still not a wholly desirable location being stuck behind the bus station/guild hall.

tg

WRONG AGAIN POOCH! It's plenty big enough for cack like The Rifles. Also - when they decided to close it, it was really picking up. Getting busier and busier, year by year. They closed it cos the bottled it. FULL STOP.

Bring it back - that's what I say!

Newspaper Joe said:
WRONG AGAIN POOCH! It's plenty big enough for cack like The Rifles. Also - when they decided to close it, it was really picking up. Getting busier and busier, year by year. They closed it cos the bottled it. FULL STOP.

Bring it back - that's what I say!

Amen brother!

Bands like Ash and [spunge] played there in its last run, so it's big enough. It is a little out of the way though, so I dunno.