PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The News and Current Affairs Section- A Polite Request (Please Read)

I know we keep hearing about the ‘old school’ forum posters and from what I hear great characters and RIP to those no longer with us...

But come on... how can you shout louder than anyone else on a fans forum. Striking fear on a fans forum I think not. I’ve even had one poster offering to meet me so he can stab me with a kitchen knife down by the river...

People would have you believe it was run by the mob in days gone by.

It’s a footy forum when all said and done and certain topics are obviously more emotive than others but some of us need to spend a little less time worrying about the opinions of online posters and focus more on our home lives.

Just an observation. And at times I have been guilty of the same. Currently stood in a mall wearing a face mask waiting for the mrs to buy some bits before the curfew is reinstated after Ramadan. So yes the forum is currently the better option

Haha Karen has a house full of live, laugh, love decor, she has a silver crushed velvet sofa and highlights in her hair. She complains in every shop she goes to and then comes home and puts it all over Facebook.

Karen failed her GCSEs and was recently made a senior in a call centre after 15 years on customer services because there was literally nobody else to promote.

On twitter the other day I saw the silver crushed velvet you referred to as ‘slag grey’ and will certainly be using that 😂

Haha Karen has a house full of live, laugh, love decor, she has a silver crushed velvet sofa and highlights in her hair. She complains in every shop she goes to and then comes home and puts it all over Facebook.

Karen failed her GCSEs and was recently made a senior in a call centre after 15 years on customer services because there was literally nobody else to promote.
Oddly specific Paddy, everything ok? 😉

Morning.

We where testing a new system in which all posts in a particular forum go into a moderation queue, which in this instance was for the News and Current Affairs section,

As I am sure you are aware on Thursday evening I posted this Polite Request.

Sadly a large number of posters have chosen to completely ignore my plea in regards to posting style and content and as we stated we are open to all ideas on preventing the ridiculous about of abuse etc being posted in that section.

It was a trail and about 40% of posts where against forum guidelines which may give you an idea on the amount of stuff we are having to deal with.

I have lifted the approval function as it was only a trail and its the first time it has ever been used on PNE-Online.

I repeat we do not wish to curtail or lead the debate, however unless a significant group of forum users change their current ways of posting and take into account the many other active users then bans, thread closures, moderation queues on certain sections may have to come in to help the moderation team which is not a "JOB" but a voluntary post and to be fair no-one signed up for most of the crap they have been getting.

I sincerely hope we don't have to do any of the above.

Again I hope this is post is received in the nature it is intended.

Stay Safe.

This has been coming for a while and is perhaps a reason why some have posted less and less on this section. Ironically, a number of those giving the mods a ‘thumbs-up’ have been part of the problem.
Just thought id join the thumbs up brigade :)

What forum rule did my picture post break? It wasn't aimed at anyone specifically, it was a joke taking the micky out of the British public using common sense.

Apologises, probably lost amongst the crap and got ticked to be deleted.

This has been coming for a while and is perhaps a reason why some have posted less and less on this section. Ironically, a number of those giving the mods a ‘thumbs-up’ have been part of the problem.

It has.

Sadly despite all these pleas some users seem to think that the forum is for their exclusive use and the forum guidelines do not currently apply to them.

Action against individual posters is currently being reviewed.

I hope the vast majority appreciate the efforts we are making to ensure they feel able to post freely on the forum and those who have any sort of action taken against them respect the decisions made.

Any - "why have you banned" or "why have you picked on me" threads etc will be deleted and any messages directed at Mods away from this forum will lead to permanent bans from the forum.

It is bloody sad that is has come to this. We have tried to be fair.... so once again please take this post in the nature it is intended.

Stay Safe

Last edited:
It is bloody sad that is has come to this. We have tried to be fair.... so once again please take this post in the nature it is intended.

All part and parcel of the global re-engineering process.

Apologises, probably lost amongst the crap and got ticked to be deleted.

It has.

Sadly despite all these pleas some users seem to think that the forum is for their exclusive use and the forum guidelines do not currently apply to them.

Action against individual posters is currently being reviewed.

I hope the vast majority appreciate the efforts we are making to ensure they feel able to post freely on the forum and those who have any sort of action taken against them respect the decisions made.

Any - "why have you banned" or "why have you picked on me" threads etc will be deleted and any messages directed at Mods away from this forum will lead to permanent bans from the forum.

Stay Safe

If any forum members need union representation then i'm here for you, and remember, don't let a mod take you into the office alone, if i'm not around take someone else in with you. This could get messy. :giggle:

If any forum members need union representation then i'm here for you, and remember, don't let a mod take you into the office alone, if i'm not around take someone else in with you. This could get messy. :giggle:

everything is completely above board and done in the back of a specially converted ROyal Mail truck expertly driven by Jack Daniels. Home pick ups a specialty