The only problem ....

PNEPhil83

Payer of the taxman
Patron
With appointing Fergie JNR is the endless stream of people ITK who are gonna inform us of the United youngsters that are coming on loan ...... :rolleyes:

neilpne100

Reserve
Probably a big problem, as long as people realise that D Ferguson isn't his dad then we might be alright.

I'm looking forward to him being in charge

J

jaymo

With appointing Fergie JNR is the endless stream of people ITK who are gonna inform us of the United youngsters that are coming on loan ...... :rolleyes:
true, the number of threads saying Vaughn, Anichebe, Rodwell etc etc where coming on loan during Irvines tenure was tedious at best.

simo

Advisor to the Owner
I heard Scholes and Giggs were coming at Beckhams recommendation for a bit of first team experience.

OP
P

PNEPhil83

Payer of the taxman
Patron
true, the number of threads saying Vaughn, Anichebe, Rodwell etc etc where coming on loan during Irvines tenure was tedious at best.

Oh god yeah! It'll be Welbeck, Fabio, Possebon (if he's back from Braga?!?!) De Laet etc etc :D

Sambo

Reserve
Taken from an article on the FirstPost website:

"....With several United players currently in the doghouse with Ferguson senior following their shock exit from the FA Cup against Leeds on Sunday, perhaps the Preston faithful might soon see the likes of Gary Neville and Dimitar Berbatov running out at Deepdale."

:D Now wouldn't that be something! Instead of dumping players to the bench/reserves, send 'em down the road to good old deepdale for a kick about!

"Sorry Rio, Scholesy, your performances against West Ham were not to the standard we expect at this football club, your 2 week holiday in sunny Preston awaits!" :rolleyes:

OP
P

PNEPhil83

Payer of the taxman
Patron
Think it was more than that mate.... Can think of Ben Amos and James Chester off the top of my head. Dunno if there was many more though....

To be fair to him I don't think he had many more than that. He seems to wanna do his wn thing and not get help from daddy :gentry:

pneef

First Team
I don't think we'll see many (if any) Man Utd loans. DF will want to be successful in his own right and to gain respect as a manager. He won't want to be seen to only be succeeding because of favours from his dad.

p.s. Federico Macheda would do me!

J

jaymo

Posh had only one loan player from Dad.
He did say he wasnt going to go down that route earlier in his management career but might turn to it when hes more established.

I dont really think it means we'll have a deludge of Man U reserves, but he has addressed the situation in the past.

Sambo

Reserve
John Cofie and Ravel Morrison up front, Tom Cleverly and Daniel Drinkwater in the middle of the park.

All we'd need to do is sign Rory Delap ;)

GmHandshake.jpg

matt_posh

Youth Team
I'll tell you now, if you're expecting floods of young Man United starlets coming in then don't.

Fergie went out of his way to avoid getting help from his old man. He always insisted that he was his own man and he had no need to keep going to his Dad for help.

We had 2 players on VERY short term loans. James Chester (who was sh*t) played 2 or 3 games, and Ben Amos (who was also sh*t) played 1 game. They were very last minute, desperation deals though.

Moe Lester

Youth Team
Posh were lower league for the majority of DF's tenure at London Road.

Fergie didn't think it would benefit his younger players playing that far down the league ladder. And when Posh were promoted to the second tier Sir Alex identified that they were more than likely to be involved in a relegation dogfight and that wouldn't suit his players either.

Now he's at us watch them fly through the door. :D

I can dream anyway.

matt_posh

Youth Team
Posh were lower league for the majority of DF's tenure at London Road.

Fergie didn't think it would benefit his younger players playing that far down the league ladder. And when Posh were promoted to the second tier Sir Alex identified that they were more than likely to be involved in a relegation dogfight and that wouldn't suit his players either.

Now he's at us watch them fly through the door. :D

I can dream anyway.

Okey dokey.....

shaky

Youth Team
I would imagine Ferguson senior would have influenced his decision to join Preston, I mean if he was your dad I'm sure you'd ask his opinion wouldn't you?