PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Plastics Thread.

Surely in big trouble next season. Szmodics single handedly kept them up and if you look at his career, last season was very much an anomaly. There is no guarantee he will repeat anything close to that again. Their squad is terrible and Eustace, whilst keeping them up by hook or by crook, didn't get any sort of bounce out of the players.

Here's hoping....

Surely in big trouble next season. Szmodics single handedly kept them up and if you look at his career, last season was very much an anomaly. There is no guarantee he will repeat anything close to that again. Their squad is terrible and Eustace, whilst keeping them up by hook or by crook, didn't get any sort of bounce out of the players.

Here's hoping....
They'll sell Szmodics and then they'll have to fork out on a new striker at the very least. No way they can sell Wharton and Szmodics and still justify no spending.

Sadly they have a knack of spotting a goal scorer at this level; Armstrong, Brereton, Szmodics. So no doubt someone will sign, bag 15+ goals and drag them over the line.

Erm.

Are you saying that your rabble are bigger than...

Everton
Leeds
Sunderland
Sheffield Wednesday
Wolverhampton Wanderers
West Ham United
Nottingham Forest
Leicester City
Crystal Palace

... to name but a few.

Burnley are bigger than yourselves as it currently stands.

Yes, Rovers are bigger than all on that list. It is sad to see that you and a few others have been deceived by the Venky circus into thinking that Rovers' current state is normal and real, JD. Just cast your mind back to October 2010, a month before Venky's arrived and remind me where all of those clubs in that list were in comparison to Rovers. Half of them literally weren't in the same League, the other half were getting their backsides handed to them by a side containing the likes of former Galactico Michel Salgado, Ryan Nelsen, Chris Samba, Morten Gamst Pedersen, David Dunn, Benni McCarthy, Nikola Kalinic, El Hadji Diouf and so on. You know where the blame lies for the decline. The true stature of a club never changes. Like I've said before, if shitbag owners near enough destroy Arsenal and have them playing in the Championship for 12 years, does that make Arsenal a small club? It's still Arsenal football club, just like it's still Blackburn Rovers, a part of Premier League heritage.

Also, I'll take my buddy @IPredictThePlayoffs boys out of the equation, as people around the globe remember their recent trophy wins. However, if you were to mention the rest of those clubs listed to football fans around the world nobody would bat an eyelid. Nobody gives a shit about Leeds or Everton abroad, despite their big crowds. Mention Rovers though and you'd be surprised by how much love you get back from the locals. Football people know. I don't mean ex pats living abroad, I mean the locals of that country. Test it out if you don't believe me. You'll have foreign football fans mentioning Shearer, Tugay, Friedel, Pedersen, Bellamy etc whilst cussing Venky's for what they have done. Anybody who thinks this is wild, just test it out on your next holiday abroad and report back on this thread.

Oh and JD, something for you to ponder over. Why hasn't Griezmann picked any of those 'bigger' clubs you mention? There's a reason for that. It's because he can see what I can see in regards to Blackburn Rovers. Much respect for Antoine. Top, top, player and if Venky's weren't at the club there's a good chance he may have had a season playing for Rovers in the Premier League before he hung up his boots. If the Delhi High Court boots Venky's out before the year is out and new owners take Rovers back up, you never know. He still has a few more years left in him.

Pretty funny

£29m to be received in player sales, including a £5m sell on from Raya joining Arsenal, yet they are struggling to make even a low key signing. It's a joke and shows up that hierarchy for what it is. None of that lot should be anywhere near the club. There's also talk today of Szmodics having a release clause as low as £6m to join a Premier League club.

If Archie Gray is worth £40m then what the heck is Adam Wharton worth? Palace wiped the floor with Waggott and Co in that negotiation. £18m, plus £4m in add ons for a player that is in the England set up and is wanted by Bayern Munich. Steve Parish must be laughing his backside off every night when he thinks of that deal.

@Coley will look a Bobby Dazzler in one of them.

Maybe Rovers got @Coley in said pictures to model it.

It's another low for the football club. An embarrassment that they have come up with that. You won't ever see me in that.

As for that marketing tagline...

GIF by Christmas FM

Yes, Rovers are bigger than all on that list. It is sad to see that you and a few others have been deceived by the Venky circus into thinking that Rovers' current state is normal and real, JD. Just cast your mind back to October 2010, a month before Venky's arrived and remind me where all of those clubs in that list were in comparison to Rovers. Half of them literally weren't in the same League, the other half were getting their backsides handed to them by a side containing the likes of former Galactico Michel Salgado, Ryan Nelsen, Chris Samba, Morten Gamst Pedersen, David Dunn, Benni McCarthy, Nikola Kalinic, El Hadji Diouf and so on. You know where the blame lies for the decline. The true stature of a club never changes. Like I've said before, if shitbag owners near enough destroy Arsenal and have them playing in the Championship for 12 years, does that make Arsenal a small club? It's still Arsenal football club, just like it's still Blackburn Rovers, a part of Premier League heritage.

Also, I'll take my buddy @IPredictThePlayoffs boys out of the equation, as people around the globe remember their recent trophy wins. However, if you were to mention the rest of those clubs listed to football fans around the world nobody would bat an eyelid. Nobody gives a shit about Leeds or Everton abroad, despite their big crowds. Mention Rovers though and you'd be surprised by how much love you get back from the locals. Football people know. I don't mean ex pats living abroad, I mean the locals of that country. Test it out if you don't believe me. You'll have foreign football fans mentioning Shearer, Tugay, Friedel, Pedersen, Bellamy etc whilst cussing Venky's for what they have done. Anybody who thinks this is wild, just test it out on your next holiday abroad and report back on this thread.

Oh and JD, something for you to ponder over. Why hasn't Griezmann picked any of those 'bigger' clubs you mention? There's a reason for that. It's because he can see what I can see in regards to Blackburn Rovers. Much respect for Antoine. Top, top, player and if Venky's weren't at the club there's a good chance he may have had a season playing for Rovers in the Premier League before he hung up his boots. If the Delhi High Court boots Venky's out before the year is out and new owners take Rovers back up, you never know. He still has a few more years left in him.

Were you having one for the road when you posted that load of tosh? 🍻🍺

Villa, Newcastle and Rovers are the immediate big clubs after the 'top 6'. So the answer to your question is, Rovers are bigger than everybody else below those two. Those three clubs are in a similar ball park stature wise, reputationally and when it comes to potential. Rovers are actually more respected than Newcastle around the world due to the trophies won and the number of ballers that have worn a Rovers shirt in the last 30+ years. I think if anybody is to break up that top 6 within the next decade it will come from those three clubs. The former two have briefly had a time in there in recent years (Villa still there League finish wise) as they have been well ran and have ambitious owners. The only reason Rovers haven't had an opportunity to do that is because they have had the very opposite of that for 14 years. Terribly ran and having shit owners, sending the club in the wrong direction. When that changes, don't be surprised to see Rovers join Villa and Newcastle just outside the top 6. It might sound mad to some, but that's because of what Venky's have done over a sustained period of time. People have become accustomed to the Venky circus, but it is not real. It is an illusion being painted as reality. Rovers are a Premier League club that have been made to sleep for 14 years. They will be back in the Prem soon though, it's football heritage. Get Venky's gone first.

I know you're just on a wind up, but I thought I'd have a look at how many clubs I'd class as 'bigger' than Blackburn Rovers as things stand.

The big 6 obviously. Then....

Newcastle United
Aston Villa
Brighton & Hove Albion
Everton
Crystal Palace
Ipswich Town
Fulham
Leceister City
Nottingham Forest
Southampton
West Ham United
Wolves
Coventry City
Derby County
Leeds United
Middlesbrough
Norwich City
Portsmouth
Sheffield Wednesday
Stoke City
Sunderland
Watford
West Brom
Sheffield United
Birmingham City
Bolton Wanderers
Burnley
Preston North End.

Its 30 years since the Jack Walker version of Blackburn Rovers won that Premier League title. You all need to move on from it. The game has changed. Cherish the memory of it, we would do. But its gone.

Every club in the land could say 'well if we had XYZ as our owners' we'd be successful. Every club in that list would have at the very minimum as good a chance or better than Blackburn Rovers of challenging the elite in the Premier League with certain owners and investment as they all will pull at least the same or better crowds than you at any given level. To be honest I could probably add 10 more, the likes of Bristol City have huge potential.

You're shite Coley, you're going down and its going to be hilarious, again.

Fair play to him.

There are some normal Blackburn fans who understand the Walker years were an exception to the norm.

That said, this is still a mad percentage of them with some wild expectations.