PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread The Plastics v Preston North End - 10/11/23 - KO:8PM - Championship

Absolutely brilliant. We didn’t play great but we kept going.
My player ratings for the game-
Woodman 6.5- didn’t have too much to do but not sure what his positioning was doing for the goal.
Potts 8
Lindsay 7
Storey 7
Best 3.5- Feel like I’m going to get it in the neck for this so I will explain. I really really want our kid to do well but the matter of the fact is, he’s not good enough RIGHT NOW to be in the first eleven. If you’re gonna come back at me, watch the game over and watch him .. positioning is really poor, no urgency to close players down, lost his man almost every time, reading of the game is poor.
I pray for him to come good but if he was 28 would he be anywhere near our eleven? No. So what’s the difference? Loans are for devolving players and that’s what he needs.
Millar 6
Whiteman 6 looks match unfit still.
Browne 8 worked hard and gave 100% and what a finish!
Holmes 6.5
Osmajic 8 was still sprinting in the 90th minute. Seriously unrated and needs feeding.
Keane 5 poor. Has been for a few weeks now.

Subs-
Brady N/A
Mads 8
Ched 9

Just an observation, we dont keep the ball as well as a lot of teams I'm this division BUT we do know the moments in a game to press home an advantage and we ruthlessly take them.
We have the players to do this now and Lowe gets what our strengths are.
Plus when Riis gets fit, image the impact of both him and Evans in the last 30 last night?

My memory must be playing tricks - I thought Bruce scored from the right. Well, it is a long time ago....
Someone needs to post the video again. I can never find it on YouTube. I think it came to him just at the left of the D.

I posted last night, that Potts deserved the Motm. Afterwards I thought that Browne could have easily been awarded it. The fact that he was back defending one minute and then on the end off and superbly controlling, Potts brilliant cross, was definitely a captains innings. He was literally all over the pitch.
I thought Potts was run ragged for the first hour. Thankfully, the only contribution that mattered in the first half was his incredible assist! Poor positionally and caught out frequently when they had the ball. Not his best game but we got away with it and he made a couple of good contributions going forward.

Just an observation, we dont keep the ball as well as a lot of teams I'm this division BUT we do know the moments in a game to press home an advantage and we ruthlessly take them.
We have the players to do this now and Lowe gets what our strengths are.
Plus when Riis gets fit, image the impact of both him and Evans in the last 30 last night?
Sure someone said Riis might be back by middle of Dec think Riis & Evans will be a big partnership in few months.

Plus with the others in the team we still have a chance of doing well this season.

Great result,great 3 points fantastic atmosphere,well on the Darwen End, yes we rode our luck, end of the day we scored 2 they got one, absolutely fantastic result.👍👍😀😀👍👍

It was a brilliant game of football. Both sides created loads of chances and no one could have complained about a draw.

The changes by the manager turned the game back in our favour.

90th Minute winner.

Perfect away derby win.

Difficult one this.
I agree. Think Holmes showed last night and against Leicester that he’s not technical enough to be that main attacking midfielder trying to unlock defences. If we’re starting with one Number 10 it should be Mads, and then bringing Holmes on against tired legs to use his pace, which I think suits him better given his engine usually gives up after about 55 minutes

If we’re playing wingers or two number 10s they should both start because they complement each other very well

A few critical months ahead in my opinion. If we maintain a bit of momentum, we stand a good chance of attracting decent players in January. How often have we been able to say that over the last decade?

Similarly, who we buy in Jan is going to be the difference between us becoming top 6 contenders. RL needs to work out how to release the potential of Millar who tends to get cancelled out by other teams on a weekly basis. I'd personally pair him up with an equally creative player (Mads?) to make it doubly difficult to cancel out the creative effect.

RL frustrates me like he does everyone else, but you can't deny he's built cohesion in the team and they themselves appear really happy as a group. Watching RL go round the players individually, you can tell a lot from their reactions - osmajic was beaming from ear to ear and gave him a big hug, Browne got words of encouragement whispered in his ear and was clearly happy with what RL said to him, Brady was laughing and joking with him etc..

I hope CH sees the opportunity to galvanise what's been built in the past months as it could be just the thing we need to push on this season.

Absolutely brilliant. We didn’t play great but we kept going.
My player ratings for the game-
Woodman 6.5- didn’t have too much to do but not sure what his positioning was doing for the goal.
Potts 8
Lindsay 7
Storey 7
Best 3.5- Feel like I’m going to get it in the neck for this so I will explain. I really really want our kid to do well but the matter of the fact is, he’s not good enough RIGHT NOW to be in the first eleven. If you’re gonna come back at me, watch the game over and watch him .. positioning is really poor, no urgency to close players down, lost his man almost every time, reading of the game is poor.
I pray for him to come good but if he was 28 would he be anywhere near our eleven? No. So what’s the difference? Loans are for devolving players and that’s what he needs.
Millar 6
Whiteman 6 looks match unfit still.
Browne 8 worked hard and gave 100% and what a finish!
Holmes 6.5
Osmajic 8 was still sprinting in the 90th minute. Seriously unrated and needs feeding.
Keane 5 poor. Has been for a few weeks now.

Subs-
Brady N/A
Mads 8
Ched 9
Love football because the way people see the game is completely different.

Think these ratings are atrocious personally but every credit che

A few critical months ahead in my opinion. If we maintain a bit of momentum, we stand a good chance of attracting decent players in January. How often have we been able to say that over the last decade?

Similarly, who we buy in Jan is going to be the difference between us becoming top 6 contenders. RL needs to work out how to release the potential of Millar who tends to get cancelled out by other teams on a weekly basis. I'd personally pair him up with an equally creative player (Mads?) to make it doubly difficult to cancel out the creative effect.
Traditionally, we've only really strengthened in January when we've been in trouble and needed someone to help keep us up, in the years we've been pushing for a top 6 finish, we've tended to stick with what we've got, hopefully that'll change now but we'll have to wait and see