The positivity thread

Tugg Speedman

Forum Patron
Patron
Great performance today. Ledson outstanding. Really good point, but deserved all 3.

As my dad often used to say, if you can't say something positive, don't say anything. I'm really going to try to stick to that.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Starting to see why we chased him for so long.

Best player again today.
But according to some on here Neil is crap at scouting a player

(Bear in mind all three players who played a part in our second were players neil actually wanted)

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
Woodrow didn't play for Barnsley today due to speculation of him joining the mighty whites.

He is extacly what we need.

He's the managers first choice.

Would probably break our transfer record.

Would involve the owner backing a manager on one particular signing, something he has never done.

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
Imagine a competent striker playing today the way Ledson and Sinclair were playing

Maguire did okay but he isn’t suited to playing as a centre forward like that. Needs to be played off the flanks cutting in and running at players.

A couple of actual centre forwards coming into the building would make us a totally different proposition going forward.

However even if we do address this issue we may end up weaker in other areas of the pitch should we lose our better players.

Last summer was the time to go for it, but we sold Callum Robinson and signed Nugent.

Last edited:

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Maguire did okay but he isn’t suited to playing as a centre forward like that. Needs to be played off the flanks cutting in and running at players.

A couple of actual centre forwards coming into the building would make us a totally different proposition going forward.

However even if we do address this issue we may end up weaker in other areas of the pitch should we lose our better players.

Last summer was the time to go for it, but we sold Callum Robinson and signed Nugent.
There is no doubting Maguire's effort and work rate but you are right he just doesn't have the ability to lead the line in games like today.

As angry as I am at the situation I am still clinging to the hope that if we actually get what we need that it is enough to convince the others to stick it out for just a little bit longer.

I genuinely believe we are only a couple of bodies short of making a successful tilt at promotion. The problem is we are also a couple of players leaving away from a dogfight.