PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The power of Google and Facebook

LostinSpace

The Gentleman
Staff member
Patron
This is meant as a joke and I PMSL, but there's a very serious message behind it:

Ordering a Pizza in 2022

CALLER:
Is this Pizza Hut?

GOOGLE:
No sir, it's Google Pizza.

CALLER:
I must have dialed a wrong number, sorry.

GOOGLE:
No sir, Google bought Pizza Hut last month.

CALLER:
OK. I would like to order a pizza.

GOOGLE:
Do you want your usual, sir?

CALLER:
My usual? You know me?

GOOGLE:
According to our caller ID data sheet, the last 12 times you called you ordered an extra-large pizza with three cheeses, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and meatballs on a thick crust.

CALLER:
Super! That’s what I’ll have.

GOOGLE:
May I suggest that this time you order a pizza with ricotta, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and olives on a whole wheat gluten-free thin crust?

CALLER:
What? I don’t want a vegetarian pizza!

GOOGLE:
Your cholesterol is not good, sir.

CALLER:
How the hell do you know that?

GOOGLE:
Well, we cross-referenced your home phone number with your medical records. We have the result of your blood tests for the last 7 years.

CALLER:
Okay, but I do not want your rotten vegetarian pizza! I already take medication for my cholesterol.

GOOGLE:
Excuse me sir, but you have not taken your medication regularly. According to our database, you purchased only a box of 30 cholesterol tablets once at Lloyds Pharmacy, 4 months ago.

CALLER:
I bought more from another Pharmacy.

GOOGLE:
That doesn’t show on your credit card statement.

CALLER:
I paid in cash.

GOOGLE:
But you did not withdraw enough cash according to your bank statement.

CALLER:
I have other sources of cash.

GOOGLE:
That doesn’t show on your latest tax returns, unless you bought them using an undeclared income source, which is against the law!

CALLER:
WHAT THE HELL!

GOOGLE:
I'm sorry sir, we use such information only with the sole intention of helping you.

CALLER:
Enough already! I'm sick to death of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and all the others. I'm going to an island without the internet, TV, where there is no phone service and no one to watch me or spy on me.

GOOGLE:
I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport first. It expired 6 weeks ago...

Welcome to the future! 😵

As you allude - there is a huge amount of truth behind the humour. With so much of our lives online now- and people’s phones being tracker devices, FitBits monitoring activity and even ECGs FFS. Their SMART fridges and appliances monitoring so much, Alexa in half of houses, cctv everywhere, cashless society and much more- it’s an Orwellian nightmare waiting to happen.
I try to hold back the tide by not cooperating a lot of the time - but it makes almost no difference.

How strange that Facebook and twitter etc have dumped Donald a week before he gets the boot, they haven’t been concerned about putting his lies up for the last 4 years.

And maybe they have realised they could be culpable for some of Trumps naughty stuff that’s happened recently.

Could it be they have realised that Biden and Co may be looking to cut their powers and scope, make them more accountable, and break their monopolies.

Not before time as far as I am concerned.

They should be made legally responsible for anything put on their sites.

How strange that Facebook and twitter etc have dumped Donald a week before he gets the boot, they haven’t been concerned about putting his lies up for the last 4 years.

And maybe they have realised they could be culpable for some of Trumps naughty stuff that’s happened recently.

Could it be they have realised that Biden and Co may be looking to cut their powers and scope, make them more accountable, and break their monopolies.

Not before time as far as I am concerned.

They should be made legally responsible for anything put on their sites.

Biden to cut the powers of the tech giants? Didn’t you hear Donald explain that they are a fundamental part of the stolen election? He will be sending them flowers every day!

There's a method in the amusement there. For example, there are some pretty much complete projects to enable your shopping trolley to remind you of things you normally buy and make recommendations based on it, for example (you thought the loyalty card thing wasn't tracking you all these years?). China has actually jumped way ahead on things like this, whilst everyone else has been distracted by folk telling them they just rip off western tech.

Worked pretty well, it seems.

Trump is a buffoon. But anybody thinking that Biden/Harris, with celebrities lining up to hang on, will change the world for the better, are in for a shock.

Trump is a buffoon. But anybody thinking that Biden/Harris, with celebrities lining up to hang on, will change the world for the better, are in for a shock.

I am confident that the USA and the world will be a much better place in 4 years time - compared to how it would have looked with 4 more years of the current nutter. Maybe that’s a way to look at it!

I am confident that the USA and the world will be a much better place in 4 years time - compared to how it would have looked with 4 more years of the current nutter. Maybe that’s a way to look at it!
I hope so. But the politics on both sides in the US is just so spiteful. I don't hold out much hope.

I hope so. But the politics on both sides in the US is just so spiteful. I don't hold out much hope.
I wonder whether this really true, or whether it's a myth pedalled by the right. There is certainly spite from the republican side, before Trump this was particularly obvious during Obama's presidency.

Hobson reads the telegraph
melford the farmers guardian
chivers lancashire life
mrs plunge TIG welding monthly
the memsahib horse and hound
so I’m not convinced that such a good path
I used to read Lancashire Life and look how I turned out......

Everyone has celebrity hangers on that gets elected. If you recall, Trump was attempting to install wheel of fortune host Steve Harvey as one of his advisors, the mind boggles as to what he would be advising on.

not expecting miracles, hoping for ‘not making things worse’ which I suspect they will do just fine at.

Everyone has celebrity hangers on that gets elected. If you recall, Trump was attempting to install wheel of fortune host Steve Harvey as one of his advisors, the mind boggles as to what he would be advising on.

not expecting miracles, hoping for ‘not making things worse’ which I suspect they will do just fine at.

I think the anti-Trump celebrities all a bit disingenuous and bandwagon jumping personally. It is as if the democrats are saints and can't do wrong. There is a lot of corruption across the whole of the system.