The Premier league so far this season.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Liverpool battered at Villa, Pep's worse ever start, Man. Utd 6th bottom, Arsenal and Spurs mid table and Chelsea won two of their opening six games.
Is the Prem. starting to become a level playing field or is it just wishful thinking?

daddyman16

Reserve
I do wonder whether playing in an empty stadium has an effect. Perhaps not having 20,000+ fans on your back or on your side changes the dynamic? In La Liga, teams like Barça, Sevilla and Valencia are bottom half of the table, in Serie A it's the same with Lazio, Roma and Fiorentina- even Juve drew against a team that probably isn't even worth as much as CR7.
Having said that, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga look no different to any other year.

I suspect that as the season progresses, teams will start to balance things out.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
It's the top flight where all PNE supporters bang on about not being a part of for the last sixty years and if we ever get there, will be part of the fictional land where money grows on trees.
I've said it often on here, I love being part of the Championship. In the main it is proper football fans and decent clubs.

It would be nice to get to the top flight just so we can shut the local rivals up but I prefer it here.

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
It's the top flight where all PNE supporters bang on about not being a part of for the last sixty years and if we ever get there, will be part of the fictional land where money grows on trees.
By the time we get there the money will have buggered off into a european league

OP
MrHodgeheg123

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
I'm liking how the Premier is shaping up. Most teams seem well capable of beating each other.
I do think however the current bottom three will be relegated.

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron
These post match interviewers on Sky get on my nerves.

Asking Harry Maguire, Why didn’t Utd start the game well and why did they give the ball away too much??

How the hell can he answer why the team gave the ball away too much!!

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Bale gets the winner for Spurs
Harry Kane scored 149th Premier League goal in 217 appearances. A goal in one of his next two games and he will have reached 150 more quickly than Thierry Henry who took 220 games to do it.
Only Shearer (212 games) and Aguero (217) have reached that goal target more quickly.