The Premier league so far this season.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Oh to be a Premier league football manager.
Dean Smith sacked by Villa with a £.....s pay off and within a week, walks into another highly paid position at Norwich.
I'm sure Norwich will be relegated so I reckon Smith will be given at least two seasons in charge with one of them aimed at getting them promoted again from the championship.
Failure to do so will probably see him sacked and the same cycle will start again although the chances of him managing again in the Premier league might have gone.
It’s crazy isn’t it ? Rewarded for failure…..

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
Things seem to have a got a lot worse since the return of Ronaldo. It would surprise me if he’s been a destabilising influence in the dressing room. I’m not making excuses for OGS, he had to go whatever.

Last edited:

norky84

Advisor to the Owner
Things seem to have a got a lot worse since the return of Ronaldinho. It would surprise me if he’s been a stabilising influence in the dressing room. I’m not making excuses for OGS, he had to go whatever.
They had issues before Ronaldo came back. When Solskjaer was tactically outclassed in the Europa League final by a manager who flopped at Arsenal, that was the moment Solskjaer should have left.

The Glazers are fools. They could have sacked Solskjaer after the Liverpool game, and brought in a quality coach in Conte. Now it seems they're chasing a big name in Zidane, who flopped in his last job, doesn't speak English and has no experience of English football. Another reactive move and not proactive.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron

Post-Fergie blues continue​

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer departs with the second-best win record of Manchester United's post-Ferguson managers, winning 91 of his 168 games in charge across all competitions - a better percentage return than David Moyes, Louis van Gaal or Jose Mourinho managed.
Van Gaal and Mourinho, though, both won trophies.
The Dutchman lifted the FA Cup in 2016 - shortly before he was sacked - and Mourinho led United to a Europa League and EFL Cup double in 2017.
Where none of United's past four permanent managers have succeeded is in bringing the Premier League title back to Old Trafford.
Ferguson's 13th and final title, won in 2013, remains United's last. In his two full seasons in charge, Solskjaer guided United to two top-three Premier League finishes.
They were third in 2019-20, before they finished runners-up to Manchester City last season. But he missed out on a trophy as his side lost on penalties to Villarreal in the Europa League final in May.