The Premier league so far this season.

OP
MrHodgeheg123

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Sheffield Utd struggling this season.

4-1 down at Chelsea.
I might be wrong but I don't think they invested too much on players last season and had the spine of the team that got them promoted.
If they've done similar again this season then I can't see them surviving.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
I might be wrong but I don't think they invested too much on players last season and had the spine of the team that got them promoted.
They spunked £23m on your "wonderkid" Brewster - I would call that "investing".

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron
I know Henderson went back to Utd and they brought in Ramsdale for £18.5m.

They also signed Brewster for £23m as well.

Max Lowe and Bogle from Derby for 7 or 8 million and Burke from West Brom for about £6m

Well over £50m spent there.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron

Max Lowe and Bogle from Derby for 7 or 8 million and Burke from West Brom for about £6m

Imagine (I know) that we went up.

We'd spent a 1/10th of that total.

We might spend £2m (just) on a "Record Transfer" to make it seem like we are "giving it a safe go".

My ambition would be 12 points, owt else a bonus.

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
It’s scandalous this box office shite for football now.

The money you pay for Sky the games should be available on the red button like The Championship.
The charge has now been dropped from when matches recommence after the International break.The fact it was reported that the Premier League were shocked by the reaction of the fans shows how out of touch they are.
Many supporters who could afford the charge in these challenging times chose to donate the money to charity rather than further enrich the Premier League.
It was a bonkers insensitive decision to ever introduce the charge and those responsible need to take a good look at themselves.

norky84

Advisor to the Owner
Fulham are one of the worst sides I've ever seen in the Premier League. Then they take a 97th minute penalty like they did today, they're a shocking side.

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
That was possibly the worst penalty in the history of peanslty taking. Given the context of the situation, 95th minute. He tried to take the piss out of the keeper and made a complete bollox of it. Fulham deserves to lose for that alone.

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron
Fulham are one of the worst sides I've ever seen in the Premier League. Then they take a 97th minute penalty like they did today, they're a shocking side.
Just seen it Norky.

To say its a steaming pile of the biggest dog shit you’ve ever seen doesn’t do it justice.

If I was Scott Parker I’d drop him for a month and fine him, I bet he felt like pasting him after the game.

I don’t know what goes through these players heads at times I really don’t.

OP
MrHodgeheg123

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Yet another team on top of the table as City v Liverpool kicks off.
Leicester 1-0 winners against Wolves.If City get the result, it will really start to look crowded at the top end of the table.
Very refreshing so far and hopefully it will continue.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Yet another team on top of the table as City v Liverpool kicks off.
Leicester 1-0 winners against Wolves.If City get the result, it will really start to look crowded at the top end of the table.
Very refreshing so far and hopefully it will continue.
#prayforhodgey

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner

Think the fact Wilder tends to sign Championship quality players is starting to catch up with him. Burke signing looks a bit ridiculous on the face of it.

He’s done a great job of improving the players he’s bought for SU so far but the wheels are coming off now.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron

Micah Richards is a breath of fresh air.

Also Trent showing his defensive deficiencies again there for that goal

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Bad penalty miss from De Bruyne. Missed target altogether.
4 penalties so far in the 2 games this afternoon. 2 score, 2 missed.

OP
MrHodgeheg123

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Penalty for City given by VAR.
Never in a month of Sundays would that have been given in the past.
As per the VAR thread, it needs to be binned or at least re thought.