The Premier league so far this season.

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron
Spurs winning 2-0. Whoever said Mourinho is past it should bow their head in shame. He’s got them fired up and turned them into genuine title contenders
Been watching the fly on the wall documentary at Spurs on prime.

Jose comes across pretty well in the episodes I’ve watched.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Spurs win it.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Been watching the fly on the wall documentary at Spurs on prime.

Jose comes across pretty well in the episodes I’ve watched.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Spurs win it.
Spurs are my ‘prem’ team. The ones I keep an eye on performances and results. Don’t seem to have the ego of the other big clubs and haven’t thrown money at their problems

Mourinho on Instagram is hilarious too

norky84

Advisor to the Owner
Spurs are my ‘prem’ team. The ones I keep an eye on performances and results. Don’t seem to have the ego of the other big clubs and haven’t thrown money at their problems

I'd love Spurs to win it. I love watching Harry Kane. They've been the best team so far. A dodgy last minute penalty against them vs Newcastle, and a freak 3 nil lead given away vs West Ham with around 10 minutes to go. They should be comfortably clear right now, which could cost them.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
I'd love Spurs to win it. I love watching Harry Kane. They've been the best team so far. A dodgy last minute penalty against them vs Newcastle, and a freak 3 nil lead given away vs West Ham with around 10 minutes to go. They should be comfortably clear right now, which could cost them.
Kane is currently the best player in the Prem by some distance. For his sake I hope Tottenham win some trophies under Mourinho in the next couple of years because if anyone deserves it, it's him.

OP
MrHodgeheg123

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Sheffield United 1-0 down at home vs West Ham. Lose this and it'll be one point from nine games and nearly a quarter of the season gone already.
They could be on for an unwanted record of the least points total in a season. The only consolation is that in Fulham, West Brom and Burnley, there are three other equally bad sides in the Prem this time so there's always a chance.

Korol

Football Expert
Patron

I’m a big Mourinho fan so end up backing him wherever he goes. He seems to be a really good fit at Spurs, his demeanour is chalk and cheese to when he was at United.

He’s got what he wants. He wanted to sign Alderweireld and Dier for United. Full back was Spurs’ weakest area, so they went and signed two. He’s got Ndombele playing, and his front three reminds me of when he was at Madrid. Great athleticism, goal scoring ability but most importantly in a José side, they’re very structured defensively.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
I’m a big Mourinho fan so end up backing him wherever he goes. He seems to be a really good fit at Spurs, his demeanour is chalk and cheese to when he was at United.

He’s got what he wants. He wanted to sign Alderweireld and Dier for United. Full back was Spurs’ weakest area, so they went and signed two. He’s got Ndombele playing, and his front three reminds me of when he was at Madrid. Great athleticism, goal scoring ability but most importantly in a José side, they’re very structured defensively.
Then Ndombele thing is impressive. When he arrived he was overweight and uninterested. Mourinho subbed him at half time, then didn’t even get in the squad for a number of weeks. But rather than just isolating him, he was doing one to one training with him, and now look how he is playing

That’s top management

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
I haven’t watched any football game all the way through since lockdown began....

I watched about the last 20 mins of Sheffield U v West Ham today which made me realise that I haven’t been missing anything....

Korol

Football Expert
Patron
Then Ndombele thing is impressive. When he arrived he was overweight and uninterested. Mourinho subbed him at half time, then didn’t even get in the squad for a number of weeks. But rather than just isolating him, he was doing one to one training with him, and now look how he is playing

That’s top management
I wonder if the same thing may happen with Dele Alli, but really don't see where he fits in at the minute. Especially as Spurs aren't playing with a traditional number ten regularly... and when they do, it's Lo Celso who will play there.

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
Kane is currently the best player in the Prem by some distance. For his sake I hope Tottenham win some trophies under Mourinho in the next couple of years because if anyone deserves it, it's him.
I’d say Son Heung Min runs him mighty close. The two of the, together are by miles the best front two in England. Like others have said, I really enjoy watching Spurs at the moment.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
I wonder if the same thing may happen with Dele Alli, but really don't see where he fits in at the minute. Especially as Spurs aren't playing with a traditional number ten regularly... and when they do, it's Lo Celso who will play there.
If he can turn himself around, then he could play the number ten with Lo Celso playing as the number 8 linking attack with defence. They don’t need two DMs against smaller teams

However, Alli has never struck me as the hardest worker

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
I’d say Son Heung Min runs him mighty close. The two of the, together are by miles the best front two in England. Like others have said, I really enjoy watching Spurs at the moment.
Son is outstanding as well. Imo they're both world class and would probably both improve any team in Europe.

I just think Kane is a cut above due to not just his goalscoring but his all-round game. He is a superb focal point and brings the rest of the team into play, as well as being a 20 goal a season striker himself.