The Premier league so far this season.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Apparently Ancelloti is going to be the new Real Madrid manager. I think Everton will be royally screwed without him
Yeah, he certainly turned their fortunes around this season...

If they had won a couple more of their home games in May against the likes of Villa and Sheff Utd then they would have finished 6th or 7th...

Funky Monk

Forum Patron
Patron
Yeah, he certainly turned their fortunes around this season...

If they had won a couple more of their home games in May against the likes of Villa and Sheff Utd then they would have finished 6th or 7th...
Great manager but you could argue they've gone backwards with him in charge (in terms of league position anyway).

norky84

Advisor to the Owner
Great manager but you could argue they've gone backwards with him in charge (in terms of league position anyway).
They've certainly not progressed as much as I expected. Struggled at home and to score goals. Great managerial record in his career, but Everton seemed a strange move.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
Ancelotti never seemed like the right fit at Everton. Just seemed like they wanted a big name who could attract big name players, when actually the way for Everton to elevate themselves is probably how Spurs did it under Pochettino.

Pretty sure Roberto Martinez and David Moyes had higher league finishes for Everton than Ancelotti.

If I were Everton I’d go and get Graham Potter.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Ancelotti never seemed like the right fit at Everton. Just seemed like they wanted a big name who could attract big name players, when actually the way for Everton to elevate themselves is probably how Spurs did it under Pochettino.

Pretty sure Roberto Martinez and David Moyes had higher league finishes for Everton than Ancelotti.

If I were Everton I’d go and get Graham Potter.
Eddie Howe?

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
Definitely not as good as made out to be. Just thinking of who Everton owners will bring in

Antonio Conte maybe???

Someone mentioned it before but the Swansea manager seems like a good shout. Both Moyes/martinez (at the beginning) have done well coming from smaller clubs.

Conte I think is better than Everton. Think he could go spurs but then again I think is better than spurs too. He should be managing a top 4 club.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Someone mentioned it before but the Swansea manager seems like a good shout. Both Moyes/martinez (at the beginning) have done well coming from smaller clubs.

Conte I think is better than Everton. Think he could go spurs but then again I think is better than spurs too. He should be managing a top 4 club.
Apparently the Everton owners have a list that includes Benitez - not the most unrealistic shout and would be very good for them - and Gerrard - I want some of whatever those owners have been smoking to even think this would happen

Also Nuno and Ten Hag. Agree about Cooper although not convinced he’s necessarily cut out for the Prem. I’m with @sedgwick__7 if it was me I think Potter would be exactly what they need to start a completely different outlook

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
Managed to attract Ancelloti tho, admittedly at a point where he is nowhere near as in demand as Conte currently is
I just don’t think he’d drop down to Everton. Conte is more demanding than Ancelotti is and would want a top 4 club.

As I said recently on another thread, if I was in charge of Man Utd I’d sack Solskjaer now and bring in Conte. He wins the league wherever he goes.

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
Apparently the Everton owners have a list that includes Benitez - not the most unrealistic shout and would be very good for them - and Gerrard - I want some of whatever those owners have been smoking to even think this would happen

Also Nuno and Ten Hag. Agree about Cooper although not convinced he’s necessarily cut out for the Prem. I’m with @sedgwick__7 if it was me I think Potter would be exactly what they need to start a completely different outlook
Nuno would be a great coup for Everton. When he was backed at Wolves they were superb. I belive he's currenty linked with Crystal Palace, surely Everton would be more appealing.