PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Qatar World Cup.

europne

Patron
Having seen that the Taliban leaders have been staying there it got me thinking I must find out a bit more about Qatar.

It’s very very wealthy.

It’s slightly smaller than Yorkshire.

It’s population is just a little bit more than half of Yorkshire’s.

Homosexuality can be punished by death.

Other types of punishments are stoning and flogging.

They have loads of dosh.

And it’s very close to Iran.

I wonder how they got the World Cup?

🙄🤔💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷

Having seen that the Taliban leaders have been staying there it got me thinking I must find out a bit more about Qatar.

It’s very very wealthy.

It’s slightly smaller than Yorkshire.

It’s population is just a little bit more than half of Yorkshire’s.

Homosexuality can be punished by death.

Other types of punishments are stoning and flogging.

They have loads of dosh.

And it’s very close to Iran.

I wonder how they got the World Cup?

🙄🤔💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷

Ask @Sepp Blatter

As a matter of interest has anyone on here, or anyone you know, ever been to Qatar for a holiday?

Looks like they are chucking up loads of hotels , and floating hotels, but prices are ridiculous. All part of Qatars efforts to become a Dubai type holiday resort.....coincidentally tieing in with being awarded the World Cup.

Not heard from Mr Blatter recently.....I wonder if he has booked his room......?

And they lit up the stadiums in LGBT colours recently, however you can still face the death penalty there for homosexual acts......how bizarre....

As a matter of interest has anyone on here, or anyone you know, ever been to Qatar for a holiday?

Looks like they are chucking up loads of hotels , and floating hotels, but prices are ridiculous. All part of Qatars efforts to become a Dubai type holiday resort.....coincidentally tieing in with being awarded the World Cup.

Not heard from Mr Blatter recently.....I wonder if he has booked his room......?

And they lit up the stadiums in LGBT colours recently, however you can still face the death penalty there for homosexual acts......how bizarre....

I have. Considered working out there also but despite the money the cost of living was on par with Dubai with the rent actually being higher in parts of Doha.

Wouldn’t recommend it. Dubai, Abu Dhabi more impressive.

With regards to sexuality it is a huge no no although isn’t as hidden as it once was from some of the expat workers.

Blatter is booked in the Travelodge down by the docks.

Just saw a bit on a news channel last night about up to 8,000 deaths of immigrant workers in Qatar which are being hushed up, most of them occurring on stadium and World Cup infrastructure building projects......including working outside in over 50 degree heat.....

Probably have a minutes silence before the games for them 🙄🙄🙄🙄☹️

Just saw a bit on a news channel last night about up to 8,000 deaths of immigrant workers in Qatar which are being hushed up, most of them occurring on stadium and World Cup infrastructure building projects......including working outside in over 50 degree heat.....

Probably have a minutes silence before the games for them 🙄🙄🙄🙄☹️

An old boss of mine went working in that area (Qatar, Abu Dhabi or Dubai) on building management.
One of his workers fell to his death and senior management at the time told the other workers to put him in the footings!
My old boss came home the next day. This was about 10 years ago.

It looks like the FIFA is going to be a trifle miffed, as the Premier league refusing to release players to play in Red-List countries.

I am totally behind this move, how can you fulfil your fixtures when half your team have to isolate after a game.

Premier League will not release players.
Hmm, double standards from the Prem.

More than happy to go ahead to complete the 19/20 season when the country was in lockdown.

More than happy to go ahead to complete the 19/20 season when the country was in lockdown.

What’s the EFL line on this.....

There was some concern at Wovers about their Chilean international missing for several games through isolating if he was to go for the 3 games they have scheduled, including a game against Brazil.

?? Is that really so? In 19/20, players were travelling in controlled conditions, in bubbles. Players all in it together, not needing to isolate (unless they’d had a close contact).
The proposal here is for a proportion of the players to go and play in red-list countries that would require 10-day quarantine on their return. While others can be available pretty much immediately.

I don’t see it as double standards at all - the situations are too different- unless I am missing something.

?? Is that really so? In 19/20, players were travelling in controlled conditions, in bubbles. Players all in it together, not needing to isolate (unless they’d had a close contact).
The proposal here is for a proportion of the players to go and play in red-list countries that would require 10-day quarantine on their return. While others can be available pretty much immediately.

I don’t see it as double standards at all - the situations are too different- unless I am missing something.

That they will all flake out in the heat if playing at a normal pace in this completely fraudulent and corrupt competition? ...On the wrong thread obviously but it now turns out ( news to me anyway) that Qatar have very close links to the taliban aswell....... You couldn't make this shit up.

Some dodgy t**ts have made a fortune out of this in backhanders and every bugger has stood aside and either said nowt or tried to defend it really badly..... Scandalous.

That they will all flake out in the heat if playing at a normal pace in this completely fraudulent and corrupt competition? ...On the wrong thread obviously but it now turns out ( news to me anyway) that Qatar have very close links to the taliban aswell....... You couldn't make this shit up.

Some dodgy t**ts have made a fortune out of this in backhanders and every bugger has stood aside and either said nowt or tried to defend it really badly..... Scandalous.

If only you could get fans worldwide to boycott the sponsors.......

I wonder where Mr Blatter is currently, those fraud charges seem to have gone very quiet....

If only you could get fans worldwide to boycott the sponsors.......

I wonder where Mr Blatter is currently, those fraud charges seem to have gone very quiet....

In Greece but he's ours and genuine......... The real ones probably just bought a mansion in Afghanistan. :ROFLMAO: