What's new
PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Queen

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
I don't have the answer to that conundrum and wasn't advocating legislation.
Putting forward a reasoned point of view for example in favour or against the monarchy is socially acceptable. Sheer vitriol for the sake of it (perhaps motivated by attention seeking) in my view is not socially acceptable which of course is not the same as being illegal.
Where the line between the two is I haven't the skill to put into words. However I think most people know when a line of decency has been well and truly breached.

I don't have the answer either but imho it's down to the individual to determine what is acceptable.On a public forum then I believe that you voice your opinion, justify it and then accept every other opinion that comes your way however much they may differ. .. It's the only way it can work.

Sepp Blatter

Ursula Fanboy
Patron
I don't have the answer either but imho it's down to the individual to determine what is acceptable.On a public forum then I believe that you voice your opinion, justify it and then accept every other opinion that comes your way however much they may differ. .. It's the only way it can work.
Yup - and it depends on many things. Lot of difference when someone respected like the Queen dies and when a complete arsehole does - treat someone in death as they deserved to be treated in life is the way I see it. Didn't mind the Queen as a person, so no disrespect from me.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Yup - and it depends on many things. Lot of difference when someone respected like the Queen dies and when a complete arsehole does - treat someone in death as they deserved to be treated in life is the way I see it. Didn't mind the Queen as a person, so no disrespect from me.
My attitude to Thatchers death is the polar opposite yo how ive felt about the Queens death.

sussexrob

Forum Patron
Patron
Im not so sure its a good bit but it sure is a revealing bit.

That makes me so angry, one of the reasons I despise the setup of the monarchy and all it entails.

Those that bow, scrape, doff the cap, why would you, just don't get it.
If that had been me and he done that I would either had thrown it at him or told him to move it himself then walk out.
He could have either just moved it over a little bit or gave them to him and said thankyou not sodding hand gestures as if he is shooing a fly away. Total disrespect of another human in my eyes.

We are all human beings with not one better than me or I better.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Waddie

Forum Patron
Patron
Cooking tea and the movie Paddington is about to start, but before it they decide to show the Queen entertaining Paddington at the Palace, marmalade sandwiches an' all.

Everything switched off as in tears!

daddyman16

Advisor to the Owner
Cooking tea and the movie Paddington is about to start, but before it they decide to show the Queen entertaining Paddington at the Palace, marmalade sandwiches an' all.

Everything switched off as in tears!

I haven't watched the first one, the second one was crud though.

That segment with the CGI Paddington and the Queen will go down as a TV classic.