What's new
PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Queen

Portishead

Forum Patron
Patron
If you're a supporter of the monarchy or not, there's no denying the Brits are world class at putting on something like this.
No other nation could have pulled something like this off better than we did today.
Magnificent.

It was fantastic on any level. I was really feeling for those pall bearers with the eyes of the world on them. Bless them. And all the good hearted people that contributed to what was a monumental feat of organisation and discipline.

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
Whatever your thoughts… they are an important link to our past. They help define us as a bit different in an increasingly bland world.

Not all progress is progress.

At a time when I have never had less faith in politicians, I can see how a modern Kate/William, caring monarchy might enable all Brits of all backgrounds to go forward together in spite of the knobs in Parliament.

No monarchist but I’m certainly not for abolition. Compromise is the way forward.

BeteNoir

Advisor to the Owner
Blown away with the planning that went into the whole day and its execution to the letter. The parade behind the gun carriage from Westminster Abbey to the Royal hearse was just stunning. Something I will remember for ever.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Whatever your thoughts… they are an important link to our past. They help define us as a bit different in an increasingly bland world.

Not all progress is progress.

At a time when I have never had less faith in politicians, I can see how a modern Kate/William, caring monarchy might enable all Brits of all backgrounds to go forward together in spite of the knobs in Parliament.

No monarchist but I’m certainly not for abolition. Compromise is the way forward.
For once Im with you.