PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The season ahead

Pumba

A “significant” poster
Patron
Possibly premature but let’s say we sign Hunter, Walton and another striker to strengthen the 1st XI, what do you the next 8 months has in store for us?

I have to say I’m somewhat pessimistic and think it will be another drab mid-table finish. I don’t think we’ll sufficiently improve the first team and I think the brittleness that saw us crumble a couple of times last season could remain. We’re too reliant on Pearson to hold the whole team together IMO.

Very premature as I doubt we will sign any of those . We are about to sign Nugent so I doubt any more strikers will be bought. AN says he should be fit by November. AN could be off if a vacancy occurs at Sheffield Wednesday. To be honest, I will be delighted if we finish mid table.

I sincerely hope that both you guys are wrong, I'm very optimistic that PNE will be pushing into the top 6, providing of course that we still pick up a couple of good quality players, I think Hunter is a strong possibility, more so that Walton. But we have to leave it to the powers that be, and just hope that we get one or two new players who might just make that difference, and not be bench sitters. Despite all our chat about the in's n outs at Deepdale we mustn't lose sight that we have one of the leagues better managers who can change games, he has good vision too and his game plans are often to be admired.

What Nugent is injured as well???

Absolutely daft signing this.
Think Neil saying he's injured is based of a joke AN quote in the match day thread rather than something he's actually said, hope so anyway. He got injured in the play off semi and couldn't play the final but not sure the extent of it.

Very premature as I doubt we will sign any of those . We are about to sign Nugent so I doubt any more strikers will be bought. AN says he should be fit by November. AN could be off if a vacancy occurs at Sheffield Wednesday. To be honest, I will be delighted if we finish mid table.

Where? Shouldn't be more than a few weeks I don't think.

I'll upset some people now. Sorry but Nugent is too old now and even in his prime was not quite good enough....had a glorious chance in the 05 play off final but did not open his body up and finish clinically( I was sat next to Garth Crooks at the time and he explained that)
The other potential signings are just that..potential. Wait and see.
I'm forever optimistic. Top six and promotion await.

I'll upset some people now. Sorry but Nugent is too old now and even in his prime was not quite good enough....had a glorious chance in the 05 play off final but did not open his body up and finish clinically( I was sat next to Garth Crooks at the time and he explained that)
Seems like Garth Crooks has been rubbing off on you?? not good enough in his prime

Played for England whilst with us!! In his prime!

It’s looking like a long slog ahead..... but that is what we have come to expect.

The club is happy with mid table mediocrity... we are in a very good position financially and I don’t think the owner is likely to change his stance

It’s looking like a long slog ahead..... but that is what we have come to expect.

The club is happy with mid table mediocrity... we are in a very good position financially and I don’t think the owner is likely to change his stance
There's the Ando we know and love ?

Garth Crooks said it, must be right then,,,,,,, he’s the biggest fraud in football. Knows less about the game than any other regular presenter, I turn off when he’s on

He wasn't "in his prime" in 2005....he was 20 years old.

Unbelievable post.

There is some right negativity on this topic we will be fine next season top 10 defiantly.
We can't throw the money about like rovers do ( def FFP next season ) we needed to try somthing different.
I think a few players will be coming in besides Nugent. Sometimes you need some old heads like Gallagher.
Also I don't go with this that AN doesn't want Nugent this has come about because of a bit of hear say turning into fact.
I think if AN told TH & PR he didnt want any player I don't think we would sign him.

Spent. Next to nothing.
Brought in. Next to nobody.
Improvement on last season. Next to none.
Dissapointment up there where it always is.
Why do we bother i have no idea !!!