PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Walking Dead Thread.

Yep, sums it up and as Randall says the writers seem o have gone on a jolly.
The episodes are boring and have no flow and is just getting more and more stupid.
For example Negan spends most of an episode talking gibberish (well they all do a lot of that, Rick, the King even Maggie) no one takes a shot, when some-one finally does their accuracy is appalling, yet they can hit a walker with unerring accuracy.

Fear of is just as shit!

Sadly, I tend to agree.

I only hope that as in GoT, that there is a Zombie Leader who comes forward with a proper army to wipe them all out.

And to think that the writers want to produce another 100 episodes!!!

Negan is human enemy #1 and despite having ample time in S8 E1 (or was it E2?) when he appeared on the balcony for a 2 minute sermon, not one person thought "You know what, I'll take him out here and now whilst only 30 ft away...fuck Rick wanting to be the man to kill Negan".

Simply would not happen in reality the reluctance to shoot down and kill the main enemy protagonist whilst offered a free shot.

Re-watched S7 E4-7 of GoT last night as a friend hadn't seen the final 4 episodes and the contrast to both shows is startling...like Black and White, Day and Night, North End and Blackpoo.

If Negan is still around at the start of S9, then the show is totally fucked beyond repair. Best Series was centered around The Farm / The Prison with the Guvernor.

each to their own I guess,other half loves GoT I tried to get into it but didn't get past episode 3.im excited for the future of the show,we got introduced to maybe a new threat also with reference to the "whisperers".this show has got legs.

Walkers are actually a good metaphor for the show. Once full of life but now long dead, no use to anyone, stumbling around talking gibberish.

E8 is supposed to be bringing all the loose ends together on Monday 11th.

Soon find out.

So what do people think after the Mid Series break?

unsure .I thought carl would've been there till the end,read somewhere that he didn't ask to leave but was told while filming episode 6 of this season that he was going.id heard spoilers that he might die,but it was still a bit of a shock,looking forward to second part of season 8 ,don't know where they are going with it.im thinking daryl might be next to go,with him being to blame for the saviours escape etc and the tension between him and rick.

Last edited:
Used to be a massive TWD fan. Rated it as the best TV series I've ever watched.

Haven't bothered with the latest season.

Shame.

Recently rekindled my love for TWD. Only just worked my way through last season, after a break from it all.

Obviously tedious as fuck in parts and I'm not a fan of them introducing new characters/groups every 5mins (makes it seem less post-apocalyptic imo)........ but, I love it.

Bring it on.

Recently rekindled my love for TWD. Only just worked my way through last season, after a break from it all.

Obviously tedious as fuck in parts and I'm not a fan of them introducing new characters/groups every 5mins (makes it seem less post-apocalyptic imo)........ but, I love it.

Bring it on.

That futuristic ending was weird.

I am half expecting it to be a remake of the Bobby Ewing scene in Dallas when he wakes up in the shower.

Had heard better things about this first episode back so was hopeful it would be good. Didn't materialise for me. It's really a slog for me to watch these days. Too invested to quit so I'm basically enduring it each episode.

So, Series 8 has ended, Negan is on his deathbed / imprisoned with mutiny ahoy (Maggie, Daryl) in Ricks camp regards finally bumping Negan off despite the rest of The Saviours downing weapons and peacefully joining the group.

Meanwhile, a couple of episodes back in the scene with Negan and Chief Woman Whisperer, an helicopter flew overhead. Who is this?

I really hope that Dwight makes a comeback, kinda feel for him having had his life post Zombie totally fucked over - his wife taken by Negan, half his face taken by Negan, his loyalty mis-judged by Daryl.

I think that Maggie and the Saviour (Alden) will get it together at some stage. Maybe as a new power team to oust Rick. Just a wild guess.

Predictable, cheesy, tedious shite now this show.

Bloody shame.

I had been trying to convince myself that it's still got it.......but if truth be told, they've been 'jumping the shark' for a few seasons now.