This corona virus thing...AKA...pictures of favourite places

norfolk white

Staff member
Patron
My parents were living at St John’s Row in Langcliffe when I was born, right on edge of the green and the lane that leads to the church where I was christened, and what was then the school where my elder brother attended. Then they moved to Ingleton, another place I love going back to visit. That is where I started at school.
I never miss an opportunity to visit both these places when I get the chance.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
Nowhere exotic, Ando - grew up in and around Morecambe and Lancaster, and have family in Silverdale.

That's why I never spent much time down your way. If I wanted a day out, it was easier to hop on a bus or train and go to the Lake District.
Silverdale and arnside I think just brilliant places, good walking good views, people bomb on past it on the m6 going onto the lakes and don't know it's there, that's probably a good thing because sometimes the lakes can just become a pretty crappy experience of traffic and people wearing regatta stuff in tea rooms, so arnside Knott for instance an be a little secret trip out and good march around some really pretty peaceful countryside.

ben damph

Forum Patron
Patron
Silverdale and arnside I think just brilliant places, good walking good views, people bomb on past it on the m6 going onto the lakes and don't know it's there, that's probably a good thing because sometimes the lakes can just become a pretty crappy experience of traffic and people wearing regatta stuff in tea rooms, so arnside Knott for instance an be a little secret trip out and good march around some really pretty peaceful countryside.
I used to have a Pub Walks in Lancashire book - there was one in Silverdale that climbed a hill at the start, took you through some meadows, farmland, woodland, Leighton Moss Bird Reserve and then finished along the coast. Beautiful walk with a bit of everything, all inside 8 miles.

Last edited: