PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...AKA...pictures of favourite places

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
I’ll be of to a beach while in Devon Raefil, but I’m visiting the little ones were few people go, will probably do a lot of coastal/ footpath/ country lane walking, were you can walk for miles and not see anyone.
Very like the place we go to in Scotland.

20190102_120304.jpg

In fairness though that's nothing to do with Covid.

My idea of hell is a beach full of people with ice cream vans etc.

Give me seclusion and the beauty of nature any day of the week.

View attachment 1078

I like Talland beach in Cornwall at certain times of the year you can be the only one there, but that is becoming less now as it’s getting more popular.

View attachment 1078

Looks stunning, my kind of beach, not a lot of people about, went to a lovely secluded one up near Port Patrick near Stranraer 3 years ago the water was crystal clear it was only spoiled by the amount of bottle tops and bits of dross that had washed up, but still a lovely spot.

We literally can walk for hours both coastal and inland without seeing anything but trees, a few small lochs and some wildlife.
I've been to 1https://goo.gl/search/Sandwood+Bay+Beach+Lairg
📍 Sandwood Bay Beach
Lairg

And wild camped just off the beach, also claimed this incredible mountain https://goo.gl/search/Suilven+Lairg
📍 Suilven
Lairg whilst up there

Most beautiful nation in the world imo, could you imagine what it was like before it was deforested for crofting? Would've been out of this world

📍 Sandwood Bay Beach
Lairg

And wild camped just off the beach, also claimed this incredible mountain https://goo.gl/search/Suilven+Lairg
📍 Suilven
Lairg whilst up there

Most beautiful nation in the world imo, could you imagine what it was like before it was deforested for crofting? Would've been out of this world
I fell in love with Scotland as a teen. Had a German friend who drove over in his VW Karman ghia, soft top. We drove up to Skye, years before the Bridge was even thought about. I remember lying in the sun on a hillside looking out over the sea of the Hebrides. It really was life changing, never again could i find a crowded beach in the slightest bit attractive. The pure white sand and the deep blue crystal clear water left a lifelong impression on a teenagers mind.

I fell in love with Scotland as a teen. Had a German friend who drove over in his VW Karman ghia, soft top. We drove up to Skye, years before the Bridge was even thought about. I remember lying in the sun on a hillside looking out over the sea of the Hebrides. It really was life changing, never again could i find a crowded beach in the slightest bit attractive. The pure white sand and the deep blue crystal clear water left a lifelong impression on a teenagers mind.

Love Scotland....

We literally can walk for hours both coastal and inland without seeing anything but trees, a few small lochs and some wildlife.
We're quite a way from the coast, sadly, but I can set off through the olive groves and not see anyone. Loads of wildlife to see here, too - boars ( jackals, badgers, martens. If you are a birdwatcher, it's fantastic here.

DSCF3667.JPG

Lived in Stirling for five years and it is a fantastic part of the world. If we ever have to move back to the UK, would happily go back to Scotland.

I won’t be going to the pub on Saturday, it will be mental, I’ll hang fire till the fuss dies down and when I do go it will be to a quieter one where I can sit outside, and take a metal straw, so I dont have to drink directly from a glass. The sacrificial lambs bit, I actually agree. It’s all about the economy, the only thing you can do is protect yourself the best way you can, in what ever it is you decide to do. Including travel. If it spikes again in Spain, we may take the decision ourselves not to go. We will watch to see how it pans out. I am having my yearly camping holiday soon. Have to go as self contained. Otherwise we would have Had to cancel. I’m in a tent, I reckon I’m safer in that than anywhere Else
you're used to tents, because you work in a Big Top, of course!!

I’ll be of to a beach while in Devon Raefil, but I’m visiting the little ones were few people go, will probably do a lot of coastal/ footpath/ country lane walking, were you can walk for miles and not see anyone.
I went to a "beach" and had a paddle in the Ribble last week. There were 8 people in our little section and I knew every one of them. It was the perfect spot.

20200625_142016.jpg

📍 Sandwood Bay Beach
Lairg

📍 Suilven
Lairg whilst up there

I lived in Ullapool for a couple of years. I refused to climb Suilven, on the grounds that it's too beautiful and I always wanted it to be part of the view when I was climbing something else.