PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...AKA...pictures of favourite places

My parents were living at St Johnā€™s Row in Langcliffe when I was born, right on edge of the green and the lane that leads to the church where I was christened, and what was then the school where my elder brother attended. Then they moved to Ingleton, another place I love going back to visit. That is where I started at school.
I never miss an opportunity to visit both these places when I get the chance.

Nowhere exotic, Ando - grew up in and around Morecambe and Lancaster, and have family in Silverdale.

That's why I never spent much time down your way. If I wanted a day out, it was easier to hop on a bus or train and go to the Lake District.
Silverdale and arnside I think just brilliant places, good walking good views, people bomb on past it on the m6 going onto the lakes and don't know it's there, that's probably a good thing because sometimes the lakes can just become a pretty crappy experience of traffic and people wearing regatta stuff in tea rooms, so arnside Knott for instance an be a little secret trip out and good march around some really pretty peaceful countryside.

Silverdale and arnside I think just brilliant places, good walking good views, people bomb on past it on the m6 going onto the lakes and don't know it's there, that's probably a good thing because sometimes the lakes can just become a pretty crappy experience of traffic and people wearing regatta stuff in tea rooms, so arnside Knott for instance an be a little secret trip out and good march around some really pretty peaceful countryside.

I used to have a Pub Walks in Lancashire book - there was one in Silverdale that climbed a hill at the start, took you through some meadows, farmland, woodland, Leighton Moss Bird Reserve and then finished along the coast. Beautiful walk with a bit of everything, all inside 8 miles.

Last edited: