This corona virus thing...

Bobbage

Advisor to the Owner
he 15 class size they have split the class for now and because there is a support teacher the class teacher can move between both rooms whilst a support teacher is constantly with the other clas. Granted not all schools may have another class blah blah blah.... It's just how there doing it now. I would assume they're working towards bring the class back together some point in the future but this isn't clear right now.
So how do you propose schools double the number of their classrooms overnight?

No schools going to get it right first time no child is going to abide 100% by the rules they will make mistakes and that's absolutely fine, we're asking people to act in such a strange way you have to accept an adjustment period, it's about risk mitigation.
And you are absolutely fine that people will die because of this Mr Cummings?

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
I'm not shocked by the 'business' aspect of what you describe nigel, I am familiar with this sort of model but for sure what my experience is that there isn't anywhere near this sort of wage depression you describe, quite the opposite, a big drive to recruit the scarce skills so sometimes the contractor can't basically name their price.

I don't know what to say other than I hope there is pressure to get then pay that's deserved. I hope schools find a way to open, I really do, the children need it badly. Genuinely- keep up the sterling work.
That's not happening in the sector I work in. If you also look at the rates Virgin care offer to heath care workers they are generally below the NHS pay scale. The mechanism of an individual negotiating on their own behalf is not there in these sectors. I also believe that it is not a constructive use of a teacher or a nurses time. For business maybe not education and health care-same goes for care homes.

Bobbage

Advisor to the Owner
Seriously? Our NHS heroes are now just Trump's lab rats?

"Up to 10,000 NHS workers will be be given the same drug being taken by Donald Trump in the first major UK trial of hydroxychloroquine to prevent coronavirus.

The study, involving at least 20 NHS hospitals, aims to establish whether the cheap anti-malarial drug can fend off the virus"

ben damph

Forum Patron
Patron
Seriously? Our NHS heroes are now just Trump's lab rats?

"Up to 10,000 NHS workers will be be given the same drug being taken by Donald Trump in the first major UK trial of hydroxychloroquine to prevent coronavirus.

The study, involving at least 20 NHS hospitals, aims to establish whether the cheap anti-malarial drug can fend off the virus"
Despite the fact it's failed in trials so far:

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
So the government are going analogue with track and trace from June 1st with the app still being a work in progress. Am I correct in being a bit alarmed by this? James Brokenshire BBC Breakfast just now.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
So the government are going analogue with track and trace from June 1st with the app still being a work in progress. Am I correct in being a bit alarmed by this? James Brokenshire BBC Breakfast just now.
I'm not up to speed with it but surely need a strong mix of approaches this gov must get a few snazzy power point presentations then buy it and announce world leading game changing advancements based on no evidence. See the need to feed updates to the public but they should've learnt by now to let it prove itself first.
And although Google know everything about me, which some would argue is worse than the government knowing that much about you, I can see a lot of resistance to downloading some app. They probs would have to chuck in a free maccies cheeseburger to get people to download it, and you'd expect those who maybe need the extra protection of a track and trace technology may need a bit of a hand understanding how to get it/use it/have a phone that can download it.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
I'm not up to speed with it but surely need a strong mix of approaches this gov must get a few snazzy power point presentations then buy it and announce world leading game changing advancements based on no evidence. See the need to feed updates to the public but they should've learnt by now to let it prove itself first.
And although Google know everything about me, which some would argue is worse than the government knowing that much about you, I can see a lot of resistance to downloading some app. They probs would have to chuck in a free maccies cheeseburger to get people to download it, and you'd expect those who maybe need the extra protection of a track and trace technology may need a bit of a hand understanding how to get it/use it/have a phone that can download it.
This is one of the things that makes me laugh, they won't give permission for a covid app to track and trace but they will give the same permissions to an app that juts gives them a funny face, or a game or fb, twitter, instagram

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
I agree we gave up all of our 'shit' ages ago.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
I agree we gave up all of our 'shit' ages ago.
Bier gardens opened here on Monday, went for a draught pint this week. Interesting! Needed to fill out a form date, table number, name, Tel number - this is track and trace, if that bier garden has an outbreak that can be traced to that date we'll get a call and must self isolate I guess. Tables 2m apart, shown to your table, must wear a mask, use hand sanitizer on the way on, once at the table masks off, full table service, for menus need to download their app or use QR code so not touching anything, cutlery in sealed bags, but once you got your beer and masks off it felt as normal as ever.

Great to have a pint and something to eat and really brilliant to see the businesses open again.

JohnPNE

Manager
Bier gardens opened here on Monday, went for a draught pint this week. Interesting! Needed to fill out a form date, table number, name, Tel number - this is track and trace, if that bier garden has an outbreak that can be traced to that date we'll get a call and must self isolate I guess. Tables 2m apart, shown to your table, must wear a mask, use hand sanitizer on the way on, once at the table masks off, full table service, for menus need to download their app or use QR code so not touching anything, cutlery in sealed bags, but once you got your beer and masks off it felt as normal as ever.

Great to have a pint and something to eat and really brilliant to see the businesses open again.
Thats good to hear. It seems Germany have got a hold of the virus since it first started being proactive in everything they have done. Only 8,000 deaths is impressive and a much bigger population too. The way our government has handled it has been a shambles: second Biggest amount of deaths.

Germany has handled schools going back is impressive as well to ensure both staff and student safety. Our government is like ‘well let’s split break times up, have a small class, split the tables up and off you go.’ This is why the teachers and unions are arguing. There is no proper plan in place.

Germany’s plan was to test from the outset - three months ago where we even said in briefings that we wasn’t going to test people. The coronavirus handling has been a joke from the outset and it makes me livid that our government has been playing with peoples life’s due to their incompetent attitude. I mean 3 months later and we are finally quarantining people coming into the country. That needed to happen ages ago.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
Thats good to hear. It seems Germany have got a hold of the virus since it first started being proactive in everything they have done. Only 8,000 deaths is impressive and a much bigger population too. The way our government has handled it has been a shambles: second Biggest amount of deaths.

Germany has handled schools going back is impressive as well to ensure both staff and student safety. Our government is like ‘well let’s split break times up, have a small class, split the tables up and off you go.’ This is why the teachers and unions are arguing. There is no proper plan in place.

Germany’s plan was to test from the outset - three months ago where we even said in briefings that we wasn’t going to test people. The coronavirus handling has been a joke from the outset and it makes me livid that our government has been playing with peoples life’s due to their incompetent attitude. I mean 3 months later and we are finally quarantining people coming into the country. That needed to happen ages ago.
i dont necessarily disagree with your main point john, i dont know why its so different here to be honest. there has been questions even within the country about how things are counted, but in general the nation is a far more calm obedient and have a can do attitude. sorry, what i see when i home at home is just chaos and in-fighting; which isnt helping anyone.

the way that Germany has return to school is not special or unique its just people working together and being clear and positive, uk school system is amazing its definitely not beyond their capabilities to start making a few things work.

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner

Stop your fkin whingeing, it's boring. Nothing this government could ever do would please you. Just a moaner who loves to moan

Bobbage

Advisor to the Owner
ha. you stay inside mate. (y)
What has that got to do with schools not being able to double in size overnight, or it being "absolutely fine" primary school children endanger the lives of their teachers by (understandably, given their age) not being able to follow social distancing?

JohnPNE

Manager
Stop your fkin whingeing, it's boring. Nothing this government could ever do would please you. Just a moaner who loves to moan
and your moaning about me moaning. Hypocrite warning. I can do what I fucking want I don’t need some cretin telling me otherwise. You are obviously happy with the government and think getting 35,000 + is an achievement. Good for you.