This corona virus thing...

Bobbage

Advisor to the Owner
Two weeks seems reasonable if it is going to make that much of a difference. A fortnight to half the risk, why chance it going back sooner?

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
For those who are interested in the debate on school reopening, Independent SAGE are saying 1/6 is too soon
Until now, it’s been a mystery why the government chose Years 1 and 6 to be the first to go back to school when the phased reopening commences on 1st June. What “science” were they following? But that’s the first time I’ve seen 1st June written as 1/6 in this context - and suddenly the veil has dropped and Boris’s logic becomes clear 😉😁

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
They’re not even following the science! The logical conclusion is that there are educational, rather than scientific, reasons for doing it this way - but I’m blown if I can think what they might be. Year 6, yes, but the other two? The only reason I can think of is they’re also letting nurseries reopen and the curriculums are relatively closely linked - or maybe parents will find childcare easier for years 2-5??

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Oh No offence taken LIB

I know you of old
How is the campaign for Home supporters on the 'Kop' going?
Actually you could have it all to yourself at the moment

And Yes NHS workers should be exempt from the scheme I agree

Nowhere...It's all determined by pound notes... The thousand or two that want to return in order to try and create an atmosphere next to the away support don't fit into the budget.....We are told to sit elsewhere or don't attend...I choose the latter. :)

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Two weeks seems reasonable if it is going to make that much of a difference. A fortnight to half the risk, why chance it going back sooner?

Did you miss a few weeks at school aswell? :)........ How on earth does a two week delay " halve " the risk?......If you'd said reduce it then I could at least see the logic... But I do agree with your point.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
I’m not sure. They won‘t be getting anything like a normal education anyway so I sort of agree - but they also need to get back for reasons other than teaching. I suspect that when year * get back they’ll notice the difference a lot more than reception and year 1.

The data on exposure backs up what you’re saying. From 1st June, there’s a 4% chance an individual child will come into contact with a positive person at child. Going back on 15th June halves that risk to 2% and September is 0.5%. I would recommend reading the report and the associated figures.

I assume that's based on our current knowledge.......... How much lower will 0.5% become when we've learned a bit more?......Going ahead with this is downright reckless.

John T

Advisor to the Owner
Nowhere...It's all determined by pound notes... The thousand or two that want to return in order to try and create an atmosphere next to the away support don't fit into the budget.....We are told to sit elsewhere or don't attend...I choose the latter. :)
I think I told you that at the time LIB

Time to join the rest of the 'old Codgers' in the STF
You might even raise the atmosphere from the Dead to the Undead

When the 'virus' permits of course

John T

Advisor to the Owner
Didn’t my Indian Princess do well today at the 5pm show?

No messing about with her, you get your questions and that’s your lot

Shows up of her weak-kneed mail colleagues

If she handles her officials like that, no wonder they think they are being bullied

They are used to getting their own way and twisting their Ministers round their fingers

MORE Priti MORE