PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

The announcement that never happened.
'You must stay at home unless all carers are ill and they have to look after children, in which case you as travel as far as you like to be closer to a support network-especially if you are couped in in a tiny friggin' flat with 3,4 or more small children and no outside space, lost your job, living off food bank parcels'.
People didn't listen when they were warned of how dreadful this government would be, the chickens are well and truly home to roost.

Why has it taken 7/8 weeks or so for this to be publicised? Just asking?

Why has it taken 7/8 weeks or so for this to be publicised? Just asking?

If I was to guess, one of these:
  • The time taken by Mirror journalists to conduct an investigation
  • The time taken for members of the public to approach the Mirror
  • After the initial news broke, someone coming to the Mirror and things escalated swiftly

• After the initial news broke, someone coming to the Mirror and things escalated swiftly

Different story down to the one in Scotland no?

Different story down to the one in Scotland no?

Oh fair, but yeah investigations need to be proven beyond doubt if they're going to press (unless it's The Sun, Mail or Express which contrary to what some users think on here are on a different plane of truth to your Mirrors and Guardians)

And they only got the police statement yesterday to finalise the story apparently.

This is old fashioned investigative journalism - print half the story, allow the subject to concoct a defence and then print the second half to totally discredit their defence. It’s not on a par with the likes of Thorpe and Nixon obviously but it’s about time they got taken down a peg or two.

Oh fair, but yeah investigations need to be proven beyond doubt if they're going to press (unless it's The Sun, Mail or Express which contrary to what some users think on here are on a different plane of truth to your Mirrors and Guardians)

FYI I do not purchase any rags...... I only see what’s on my google feed! I do not go out of my way to search anything by any rags!

And they only got the police statement yesterday to finalise the story apparently.

This is old fashioned investigative journalism - print half the story, allow the subject to concoct a defence and then print the second half to totally discredit their defence. It’s not on a par with the likes of Thorpe and Nixon obviously but it’s about time they got taken down a peg or two.
Woodward and Bernstein?

That Cummings is 'gonna get his tit caught in the big ringer'.

because people will say it’s ok as he’s in charge and they are doing the best they can do and just imagine if Jeremy or Diane was in charge

Well Jeremy would have actually turned up, and Diane would be no worse with the figures than Priti Vacant...

The Observer/Sunday Mirror are now saying that they have eyewitnesses to say that Cummings was seen in Barnard Castle on Easter Sunday when he was supposedly locked down in Durham and also that he was seen in Durham on 19th April, several days after he was seen back at work in London...oops

The dickhead needs potting