PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Anyone else notice the BBC commentator on the Newcastle v Man. City game remarked on the scale of St. James' Park. "You could probably see Barnard Castle from the upper tier "if your eyesight's good enough."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He’s not joking either Raef... when I went to Newcastle in Feb 2020 they put us in the very top tier.... it was just 7 flights of stairs to our seats !!

A few articles on the subject..

".. the latest published data shows that from April 18 to 24, there is a 373% increase in the number of people who died in care homes compared to the last 5 years. Only 35% of them are labeled as COVID-19. "Some of them may have COVID-19, but others simply are people who didn't go to a hospital," explained Spiegelhalter.

Data also shows that 36% of the people who died that week died in care homes, compared to the historical average for that week, 22%. Meanwhile, deaths in hospitals decreased from 50% to 37%. "Evidence shows that people are very anxious about going to a hospital, either to avoid saturation or possible contagion," Spiegelhalter added.

Now, your previous posts said the death toll was due to people dying at home, not in the care setting where there has been a massive cover up on Covid cases from the start.

This 373% increase is due to the Government policy of removing all elderly patients from hospitals and dumping them in care homes. None of these were tested for Covid as the testing simply wasn't available at the time.

At that time it was ONLY hospital admissions who were tested for Covid, and there was a ban on the elderly getting admitted to hospital. The Government introduced Covid-19 to care homes and they killed 25,000 people by doing this.

Secondly, this part of your own quote actually proves my point...

"The first is simply that many of these are in fact caused by Covid-19 that wasn't diagnosed. Testing remains extremely limited outside hospitals, so we probably won't ever know how many people had the virus during this period.

Your final part suggests a slight lack of understanding, as very few people die directly from Covid. Essentially it affects (in various different ways) how the body gets oxygen so people who were not showing the two main symptoms at the time (which has quietly now been increased to five - so how many Covid cases were missed then...?) who had other health issues may have died from hypoxia with no visible issues to anyone not medically trained. This is how the stupid conspiracy theories start.

And then there is the whole question of people dying "with Covid" rather than "from Covid" which seems to have mysteriously disappeared from the media debate on Covid deaths.. but the news media have been careful to cover their backs by maintaining the "with Covid" statement when reporting statistics.

If a patient has a terminal illness and is found to have contracted Covid 19 has that person died "from Covid 19" or "with Covid 19" ? The number of elderly and sick dying would seem to suggest that many of these are "with Covid" deaths. The "with Covid" part may not have contributed to their death at all.. or it may have hastened an inevitable death.. or it may have caused it.

So in previous posts I used the UK's excess death total (circa 65,000 above average) as the figure I believe to be directly or indirectly caused by Covid. The "average" being those who would have died anyway, right?

Any death involving a lack of oxygen in the blood can potentially be attributed to Covid, irrespective of the frankly pathetic numbers of tests done and the absolute joke of how the "official" death rate has been presented.

Anyone else notice the BBC commentator on the Newcastle v Man. City game remarked on the scale of St. James' Park. "You could probably see Barnard Castle from the upper tier "if your eyesight's good enough."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Best one was at news at ten, if you don’t want to know the result, look the other way, then within one second started to read it out! There wasn’t even a screen to look away from!

I'm not so desperate for a holiday that Id put mine and other peoples lives at risk. The way Essex is doing it is the only way I would too.

Seriously cant believe people are thinking of flying unless they really have to for business etc.

This has not suddenly gone away.
It staggers me that people are criticising, correctly, those on beaches, protests, celebrating league titles etc yet there's no criticism of people putting themselves into a small crowded indoor space for the sake of a holiday, its absolutely barmy.

Talking to people in Spain there is severe scepticism about some of their recent figures, they believe that Spain, Portugal and Greece could be manipulating numbers to encourage the tourist dollar.

Apparently locally in Spain Barcelona and Malage are seeing raised levels again locally, both big tourist centres.

I think those booking holidays are thinking that Covid is now not present in these holiday destinations, not to mention cross infection in airports and on planes.....

Talking to people in Spain there is severe scepticism about some of their recent figures, they believe that Spain, Portugal and Greece could be manipulating numbers to encourage the tourist dollar.

Apparently locally in Spain Barcelona and Malage are seeing raised levels again locally, both big tourist centres.

I think those booking holidays are thinking that Covid is now not present in these holiday destinations, not to mention cross infection in airports and on planes.....
There is only 1 reason this is happening and that is economic. Its as if, in 4 short months, we've forgotten how this virus was transmitted around the world in the first place.

New Zealand have put flight restrictions in place until at least March. Think about that.

Cue ah but the population of NZ is nothing like ours brigade.

meanwhile we take the decision to open bars and pubs on a Saturday. On a fooking Saturday!

Our govt is treating the public as stupid sacrificial lambs and whats more the govt are proving to be correct.

The telegraph and daily mail feeding misinformation and race baiting once again through their headlines.

Unfortunately many will read the headlines only rather than the actual article.

Claiming 30 coronavirus cases from Pakistan is over half of UK’s imported infections, inaccurate and will further fuel racism in Britain.

I can see from one or two comments, on here though, that it's working.

106484594_10158906906041393_6976204412741025422_o.jpg

106100406_10158906906091393_2711662130286099899_o.jpg

The telegraph and daily mail feeding misinformation and race baiting once again through their headlines.

Claiming 30 coronavirus cases from Pakistan is over half of UK’s imported infections, inaccurate and will further fuel racism in Britain.

Their pilots dont half cut it fine over the tops of our houses as well.

I'll throw this grenade....
Woke this morning to radio 5 live, story of Watford not having 5 senior players available for yesterday due to covid. Then Leicester may be locked down. Then the USA is on verge of wave 2.
So to me i think its inevitable sooner rather than later and i think football will be shut again. Any takers?

Woke this morning to radio 5 live, story of Watford not having 5 senior players available for yesterday due to covid. Then Leicester may be locked down. Then the USA is on verge of wave 2.
So to me i think its inevitable sooner rather than later and i think football will be shut again. Any takers?

The Watford thing was a player having a party - Gray - and inviting another player who went but lives with another player. Those three were left out for the safety of the others, so not due to a spike or the virus as such, just stupidity.

Oh no!! Football as we currently know it stopping. No crowd, little or no competition and VAR. Hardly a grenade. More like a serenade. It only restarted so that the Bbc could celebrate with the scousers on masse.

There is only 1 reason this is happening and that is economic. Its as if, in 4 short months, we've forgotten how this virus was transmitted around the world in the first place.

New Zealand have put flight restrictions in place until at least March. Think about that.

Cue ah but the population of NZ is nothing like ours brigade.

meanwhile we take the decision to open bars and pubs on a Saturday. On a fooking Saturday!

Our govt is treating the public as stupid sacrificial lambs and whats more the govt are proving to be correct.
I won’t be going to the pub on Saturday, it will be mental, I’ll hang fire till the fuss dies down and when I do go it will be to a quieter one where I can sit outside, and take a metal straw, so I dont have to drink directly from a glass. The sacrificial lambs bit, I actually agree. It’s all about the economy, the only thing you can do is protect yourself the best way you can, in what ever it is you decide to do. Including travel. If it spikes again in Spain, we may take the decision ourselves not to go. We will watch to see how it pans out. I am having my yearly camping holiday soon. Have to go as self contained. Otherwise we would have Had to cancel. I’m in a tent, I reckon I’m safer in that than anywhere Else

If it spikes again in Spain, we may take the decision ourselves not to go. We will watch to see how it pans out...

Spain are rigging their numbers in an even more blatantly corrupt way than we do. I doubt we'll see a spike there, even when there is one.

Spain are rigging their numbers in an even more blatantly corrupt way than we do. I doubt we'll see a spike there, even when there is one.
I'd be more concerned sitting in a plane full of people from a country that still has one of the worst infection rates in the world and the 2nd highest death toll by any measure. The UK.

Anyone who thinks it’s gone is daft. I know it’s not gone and I am looking at holidays there, I don’t stop in the big cities, plus when we go, it’s self catering for us, we don’t do Hotels And we spend the great majority of our time outdoors, usually walking for miles where there is not many about. You have to wear a mask in spain where you can’t keep 2m away from someone and on public transport.

What a bloody outrageous headline, how the hell do they get away with that?

Is it strong leadership to make the decision to re-open all the pubs, bars and clubs on a Saturday night without at least consulting the police authorities?

Seems a recipe for disaster to me and yet another example of the arrogance and stupidity of our current Govt.