This corona virus thing...

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
I've moved all the Judith Chalmers Wish You Were here stuff elsewhere as seems a waste in the midst of this discussion in future times!

Thread gets good and you ruin it 😂

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
I've moved all the Judith Chalmers Wish You Were here stuff elsewhere as seems a waste in the midst of this discussion in future times!

Good idea, Jake - nice to share some photos. Helps us all cope :D

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
I guess this is a big statement about the future attitude to a covid 19 outbreak in our schools

It‘s fair enough, as long as everyone sticks to the bubbles the risk is negligible . The staff and children eat and work together and don’t mix with other bubbles.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
Pretty compelling evidence that testing was set up too late, was too inaccurate and surprisingly (says nobody) benefitted private companies to the time of several million pounds - when other routes could have been used.

Waddie

Manager
It's just been announced that weddings can soon take place, but obviously with one or two precautions.
One of them being that rings must be washed.
This caused a guffaw from Mrs Waddie '' And then they go home and have sex'' she said!
''Well that's rings must be washed'' I pointed out!

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
BA just wiped all their schedules for July and August at Gatwick seemingly so something is afoot with either the air bridges or they’ve decided it isn’t worth it(but doubt it’s that)

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
BA just wiped all their schedules for July and August at Gatwick seemingly so something is afoot with either the air bridges or they’ve decided it isn’t worth it(but doubt it’s that)
Was there not talk of them pulling out of Gatwick altogether early on?

europne

Advisor to the Owner
Pretty sure that isn't happening here, Euro - no sign at all that the figures have been manipulated.
Is it correct there have only been about a hundred deaths from the virus in Greece?

No flights allowed till mid July, but you must be mad wanting us polluted Brits to visit you !!!!!!

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
Is it correct there have only been about a hundred deaths from the virus in Greece?

No flights allowed till mid July, but you must be mad wanting us polluted Brits to visit you !!!!!!
About 200 deaths so far - we have not had many cases at all. The problem is that we now have no herd immunity here, but need to get the economy going.

The more Brits the merrier - we need tourists or the economic damage will kill far more people than the virus!

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
About 200 deaths so far - we have not had many cases at all. The problem is that we now have no herd immunity here, but need to get the economy going.

The more Brits the merrier - we need tourists or the economic damage will kill far more people than the virus!
Just been on the news Greece has said no to Brits until July 15th at earliest.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Do BA still fly to many European nations?
pretty much all of them still. Whilst the budget airlines mop up the holidays for business and corporate stuff the flexibility of the main airlines I think keeps them going. Certainly at Gatwick the short haul business I think is their main market. As paddy mentions there is already a risk of them pulling out. One of the issues is their Heathrow monopoly where they have to use up their slots to retain them. One suggestion is their Gatwick flights will move to Heathrow to use up slots they need to keep as their US andlong Haul schedule may be decimated for now with very few US flights. If they do move away from Gatwick even for a medium term could be disastrous for Gatwick just in terms of lost ancillary jobs. Things like retiring their 747fleet looks to have been accelerated hence why those pilots seem to be bearing the brunt of these proposed changes

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
Over here Qantas have made 6000 staff redundant and have said they won't be doing any international flights until July next year.

JohnPNE

Manager
So apparently when schools reopen in September each year group will be its own ‘bubble’ and in order to keep each bubble separate they will have their own lunch.

I actually don’t see how this is going to work.

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
The thing I fear most is that from now on we are going to held hostage by reports of a next potential pandemic every time we log on. Prior to corona. the risks were just the same, the science world managed them and we got on with life. They’ll be no escape now. Shit on it.

Bobbage

Advisor to the Owner
The thing I fear most is that from now on we are going to held hostage by reports of a next potential pandemic every time we log on. Prior to corona. the risks were just the same, the science world managed them and we got on with life. They’ll be no escape now. Shit on it.
I absolutely agree Pete, these influenza outbreaks are a yearly occurrence anyway. I actually missed my editing deadline so couldn't add to my post, but this new strain adds a little more weight to my theory that this current pandemic also has a link with animal products that has not been proven yet.