This corona virus thing...

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
I suffer with recurring Long-Tail Man Flu every couple of years. There is no cure. Keeps me up all night for weeks...
Serious stuff
The females amongst us will never comprehend our plight

Are you reading ladies
“Insufficient care”

Last edited:

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
I have often discussed this , women just don’t realise how debilitating Man Flu is .....

Having babies is one thing but man-flu is on a different level...
Just added proof and edited my post
The case for the male population rests mlud

The rate was 17000 a day last week and 27000 a day a week later so really a rise of c1,500 a day. [not the 10,000 figure mentioned in the headline]

The paragraph above is the basis of your argument.

What I have a problem with is that everyone would understand exactly what the headline and article was saying - but you seem determined again and again to try to find some obscure interpretation in order to prove some sort of media cover-up!

It really doesn’t help your obscure interpretation is in fact wrong :ROFLMAO: I don’t really mean to laugh because these things are genuinely not easy to get your head round. If you came up with the interpretation independently, then really no blame from that viewpoint. But if you lifted it off an agenda-driven website, perhaps you should go back and correct them :sneaky:

The basic error you’re making is that the article is describing changes in the rates of infection- but you are interpreting it as “rate of change” (or acceleration) in the rates of infection.

Think of an analogy with speed. If a rocket was travelling at 17000mph and 7 hours later it was travelling at 27000mph - then it’s speed has indeed increased by 10000mph (analogous to the article headline). You might reasonably say that on average, the speed has increased by c1500 miles per hour per hour. (Edit: you wouldn’t say the increase was 1500mph - which would be analogous to what you’re saying]

So coming back to your maths, you could choose to say that over the week discussed in that sky news article, “the daily cases increased at a rate of c.1500 cases per day per day” But not that cases increased by 1500 per day. Anyway, the article never goes into the realms of cases per day per day - so the 1500 figure doesn’t have a place there.

Bottom line - the article was correct. You should retract the several posts where you made out that it was incorrect and that this was all part of a mass media conspiracy!
That was a long drawn out way of coming to a conclusion using theories in which you hope to hide the fact that you completely missed the basic point . My initial point which you took liberties with stated that the headline is wrong. That was the main thrust as you well know. It was titled Covid cases rise by 10000 per day. The article itself was not really the main event here, just the headline. Anyway , you must try harder.

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
No, just "Classic Dom" push back trying to make out Andy Burnham was playing politics. He wasn't, he was defending his people. At some point you have to look at yourself and ask why you're more mad at Andy Burnham than Boris Johnson.
I think he might have been playing them just an incy wincy bit
you don’t get to where he has these days without a little self interest

Realistic

Manager
I think he might have been playing them just an incy wincy bit
you don’t get to where he has these days without a little self interest
He's Merseyside born. They don't exactly get on too well with Manchester, usually, but I doubt if Andy was worried about that when he saw what the remuneration was (£125,000). That'll do nicely... until a better opportunity comes along...