This corona virus thing...

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
So places anywhere North of Leicester have been in lockdown since July with no support for businesses. 108 days apparently.

London gets Tier 2 restrictions announced, and 5mins later...

Here's some salt to rub in. VAD party apologists on here will be waking up with a smirk on their faces.

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Its how it works
So places anywhere North of Leicester have been in lockdown since July with no support for businesses. 108 days apparently.

Burnham said how the North is being treated as Guinea Pigs to ensure London doesnt suffer.

Or is it what the Tories meant by levelling up?

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
Mate who's wife works at RPH said the wards are beginning to fill up and more space is being created, and it would be easier to manage but for high levels of staff absence at the moment, which is causing a few problems.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron

i dont get why you're against business' who are not forced to shut but are impacted by the restrictions getting more support, i just dont get it

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
Angela Raynor allegedly called them scum during the debate, last night. She wasnt wrong.

i listened to it on radio 4 this morning, heated debate, she didnt come out of it looking too good. but i cannot see why parliament voted against the motion and just come in line with scotland and wales, especially in these times.

the thought of a child being hungry is horrific, really, and if a simple measure as what was proposed in the bill can help then i dont get why its even up for debate.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Not aware of how people feel on here. But, its seriously pissing me off that they keep giving students these ridiculous fines. Cunts.
I guess the argument is even if you dislike the rules, they’re still there and if you continue breaking them you know you’ll get the punishment

Unless of course you happen to be an MP. Or an MPs family member. Or a footballer. Or any other form of celebrity. Then you’ll face ‘no further action’

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
And the businesses in Leicester that have been in lockdown for 108 days didn’t?

But Leicester MPs and Council are Labour of course. It's oop north to an old etonian. Of no interest to support their business for the last 108 days. It grates that they'll now be required to give something at all to them on the back of providing for their heartland in Tier 2.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
I've just had 2 covid tests and spent 3 days in hospital...The place was dead apart from staff, Spooky.
Hope you're fighting fit mate. Are you positive or negative??

Actually the point of that particular comment was that hospitals 'get busy' in winter, and that we shouldn't forget it when we're constantly fed information that 'hospitals are getting busy', as if the baseline was always 'empty hospitals'. In bad flu years patients are spilling out in the corridors and waiting in ambulances in the car park. Not good, in fact very shite, but true all the same.

But I've also commented here about my own experiences and they're directly in line with yours. Been to hospital a good few times in the last 6 months and it's generally a ghost town. It feels like they went too far the other way to clear the decks.

Realistic

Manager
This circular argument rears its head again. What salary do you think is appropriate for people in charge of a budget of around £700m per year and 2.5m people reliant on your services? £25k? £50k? £100k? £200k?
The prime minister gets about £150 K or so. Which is the most difficult job? The one where you get called a vile cunt by petty minded blood thirsty bigots, who would like to 'hang you', because you run up the biggest national debt in history to help stave off the effects of a pandemic, or posing to the cameras surrounded by henchmen booing the bad guys, and taking all the credit for someone else's work.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
The prime minister gets about £150 K or so. Which is the most difficult job? The one where you get called a vile cunt by petty minded blood thirsty bigots, who would like to 'hang you', because you run up the biggest national debt in history to help stave off the effects of a pandemic, or posing to the cameras surrounded by henchmen booing the bad guys, and taking all the credit for someone else's work.
Sorry Boris