PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Never ceases to amaze me how puerile our govt minsters are with their bestest comments.

The reality is that the one thing you might not crow about in life is how fast youve checked something. Just invites interest and suspicion. And then they wade in with thinly veiled xeonophobic slights that just make them look stupid. Not that we need any further evidence from that wet lettuce.

Just been for a covid test (by appointment) at the drive through at Chorley hospital, prior to my going into Blackpool Vic on Tuesday for a routine op (day case).
I can report that the swabs are not pleasant. 2 swabs on the back of the throat that make you gag. 1 swab up your nose that is equally unpleasant. It's over and done with quickly and whilst being unpleasant it certainly isn't traumatic and definitely nothing to worry about.
The hospital had arranged my appointment and it was all very organised and efficient at Chorley.

Just been for a covid test (by appointment) at the drive through at Chorley hospital, prior to my going into Blackpool Vic on Tuesday for a routine op (day case).
I can report that the swabs are not pleasant. 2 swabs on the back of the throat that make you gag. 1 swab up your nose that is equally unpleasant. It's over and done with quickly and whilst being unpleasant it certainly isn't traumatic and definitely nothing to worry about.
The hospital had arranged my appointment and it was all very organised and efficient at Chorley.

I hadnt realised there was so much empty space behind my forehead for the swab to penetrate. Speaking for myself like 😀. Certainly had me up off the car seat with my head wedged up against the ceiling.

Last edited:
Flippin eck Jake it’s ridiculous, two weeks Christmas holidays will follow that won’t it? Hope your life gets back to normal very soon.

Indeed Joan...she's not taking it quietly certainly. We're now having diagrams drawn of the changing rooms to prove she was nowhere near her in an attempt to reduce her confinement! Thanks for the wishes, I guess better now than at Christmas at least

EoaWn1FWEAMgpVZ

North West has now gone below London in average cases per 100,000. First time in a long time.

When all the students in Bristol and Bath bugger off home, the SW rate will be even more diddly squat - since we just spend our lives in fields growing carrots. But the new bbc celeb, bloody JVT, will still have us in tier 3.