This corona virus thing...

Lord Edgington

Forum Patron
Patron
How much were taxes under Maggie again? 15% VAT. Low taxes???

The last two reasons are nonsense.

What do you think this government has done well in the last year? Please keep enlightening me as so far you offered absolutely nothing.
Can I have a go?
they have set the standard for complete ineptitude and everything that follows can only be a positive

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
You beat me to it, this lot are most certainly not one nation Tories.

Asset strippers that have infected Parliament via the Tory Party like parasites. Pure and simple. Mopping up Departmental budgets and shipping it offshore. Soon via freeports. Mentioned so many times at PMQs today that I thought they were going to have a group orgasm. Falling over themselves to fill their pockets just before the music stops, leaving us, the people, holding the debt.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
Do you think they've done it purposely?

No they haven’t. I do think they’ve ignored advice because it didn’t fit with some of their other policies but I believe they thought they were doing their best and were trying to balance priorities. However, the decision making in the very early days was exceptionally flawed, especially as we had the benefit of seeing the impact on many other countries.

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
What does it matter? You'll just call it bollocks anyway to fit in with the popular opinion. Labour voters are scabs don't forget, your words no matter how much you tried to squirm.
As I said I stand by that remark, said why at the time and I’m willing to repeat it all now. I certainly never squirmed over that opinion, I still hold it today. Just ask rather than repeating yourself whilst offering no substance.

Saying that I just stick to popular opinion will make a few people laugh, I’ve taken pelters from all sides for years. So, you failed again on that point.

Speaking of failure, you’ve nothing to offer have you! Not one thing that you can argue as a positive of this government. Zilch. Zero. Nada. Get back to your emojis if you simply cannot debate, you’re pointless.

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Have a cabinet which isnt stacked full of deadbeats and dullards who owe their positions to being ultra loyal to Fatlad rather than through their ability. In what other world would useless articles like Williamson, Hancock, Patel, Jenrick, JRM, Gove, Raab, Shapps, Sharma etc etc hold positions of power and influence? Most of these fuckwits couldn't run a bath, let alone a government department. How many of the key decisions have been timely? How many of the processes have been fit for purpose?

I know that some of the Labour frontbench aren't exactly Einsteins, but they're at least not bumbling, inarticulate, synaptically challenged idiots.

How many of them would we have been lumbered with had common (market) sense prevailed in 2016?

They’re doing a lot more day to day damage to the UK then the EU ever did.

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
How many of them would we have been lumbered with had common (market) sense prevailed in 2016?

Strategic mistake by Theresa May. She had a large enough majority to see this through, for some reason she went to the country and lost that majority which ultimately led to the ERG seizing control of the Tory party.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Wibble

Forum Patron
Patron
They've done it because they're dithering incompetents. They're accountable for this shitshow

Are they really? These are unprecedented times and as previously stated almost no governments around the world have a grip on this virus.

Are they also dithering incompetents? Or is this a unique problem for the UK because we have a Conservative parliament?

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
Are they really? These are unprecedented times and as previously stated almost no governments around the world have a grip on this virus.

Are they also dithering incompetents? Or is this a unique problem for the UK because we have a Conservative parliament?

Yes to all of those. The leadership, decision making, management and communication has been appalling. If you are given a really hard task but abjectly fail in comparison to other colleagues, the difficulty of the task doesnt excuse your comparative ineptitude.

Last edited:

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron

Very few. Boris' purge of those with a brain has led us to this government of all the talentless. Over the years Ive had dealings with dozens of Tory politicians. Many of them were decent enough people. Several of the ones that stood out as particularly grim, thick and nasty still hold sway (or position) in the Tory Party - Francois, Patel, Cleverly, Whittingdale.....Essex is blessed with some of the most repugnant Tory MPs in the whole party

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron

The Government is of course accountable....that's how this democracy thing works. Their catalogue of strategic errors is extensive. When, eventually, there is a public enquiry into all of this, the true level of incompetence, cronyism and abject stupidity will be exposed. We deserve better.