This corona virus thing...

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
Couldn't get into it, sadly.

Jesus Christ Superstar, however, is ace.
I used to go the theatre regularly and the creme de la creme was Miss Saigon by a country mile, saw it at The Theatre Royal. Blew me completely away.

Having said that, the best single performance by an actor I’ve seen was Russ Abott as Fagin. Unexpectedly convincing and faultless.

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
I used to go the theatre regularly and the creme de la creme was Miss Saigon by a country mile, saw it at The Theatre Royal. Blew me completely away.

Having said that, the best single performance by an actor I’ve seen was Russ Abott as Fagin. Unexpectedly convincing and faultless.
Might have to give one of those a try in Athens. I always did have trouble getting into musicals - rock operas like War of the Worlds and Tommy were more my thing.

But, that was many years ago and I really should try again.

daddyman16

Manager
Monkeypox cases seen in the UK, Handcock said it's standard.

Is it standard? I've never heard of it!

Anyway, whatevs. It's got to that stage with COVID now that I'm just indifferent to the various weird viruses that are probably lurking. 😑

Korol

Football Expert
Patron

Simply sensational, isn't it.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Monkeypox cases seen in the UK, Handcock said it's standard.

Is it standard? I've never heard of it!

Anyway, whatevs. It's got to that stage with COVID now that I'm just indifferent to the various weird viruses that are probably lurking. 😑
Gosh those pics make you itch. But to be fair, his quote was “As Health Secretary, you’re dealing with these sorts of outbreaks all of the time - I’m currently dealing with a monkey pox outbreak and cases of drug resistant TB, and that is absolutely standard."

So not that monkeypox per se is standard, just that dealing with other (non-covid) stuff is.

Any anyway, is it an outbreak? It's 2 people from the same household, one of who travelled from overseas. Does that qualifies as an outbreak?? Hope they're ok and this passes with no further incident.

mapping

Forum Patron
Patron
Our friend is a manager of a well know hotel in Manchester , he is "predicting " if things dont change soon Manchester city centre could be on a strange self enforced lockdown due to staff shortages , staff having to isolate after phones pinging with track and trace !