What's new
PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Sepp Blatter

Ursula Fanboy
Patron
Absolutely agree . I don't think Lockdowns can occur unless the virus does another 90 degrees and is as deadly as the original wild type was before vaccinations .As for masks I would like to see them implemented more on transport and in shops etc . Social distancing I think should be a personal choice .
Not interested in masks anymore, to be honest (except within medical facilities - that is fair enough). If others want to wear a mask, that is up to them and I don't give anyone a hard time. I twice had accidents (two falls and once banging my head) because I could not see where I was going (I sometimes wear glasses instead of contact lenses). I am more worried about that than the virus - especially as there is little evidence that 'everyday' masks are effective and little research into the potential downsides.

There is already some research suggesting that prolonged mask wearing increases mouth and gum disease, for example - and a few papers emerging suggesting that many masks contain various particulates and volatile organic compounds that you are constantly breathing in - these are carcinogenic and can damage the upper respiratory system. I'll give masks a miss, thanks.

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
Covid is still a major threat .I take it you don't read research.Even minor Covid 19 can cause Diabetes,Heart Disease,Strokes , Cognitive disorders.
But don’t let the antivaxxers have access to this information . by the way, has anyone on here known anyone who has had a bad reaction to the covid jab?

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
Not interested in masks anymore, to be honest (except within medical facilities - that is fair enough). If others want to wear a mask, that is up to them and I don't give anyone a hard time. I twice had accidents (two falls and once banging my head) because I could not see where I was going (I sometimes wear glasses instead of contact lenses). I am more worried about that than the virus - especially as there is little evidence that 'everyday' masks are effective and little research into the potential downsides.

There is already some research suggesting that prolonged mask wearing increases mouth and gum disease, for example - and a few papers emerging suggesting that many masks contain various particulates and volatile organic compounds that you are constantly breathing in - these are carcinogenic and can damage the upper respiratory system. I'll give masks a miss, thanks.
I knocked them on the head, because I felt that they restricted my breathing.

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
But don’t let the antivaxxers have access to this information . by the way, has anyone on here known anyone who has had a bad reaction to the covid jab?
Not sure about people on here, but other than that everyone I've spoken to who's anti-vax knows someone who's had a near death experience from a covid jab. Funny really, those who aren't anti-vax don't seem to know of anybody!

Sepp Blatter

Ursula Fanboy
Patron
I knocked them on the head, because I felt that they restricted my breathing.
It really has to be a personal choice, for me - to cut a long story short, my missus had some minor strokes during the pandemic (we are not sure if they were vaccine-related or not - there were many other potential reasons) alongside some other conditions that affect her breathing. She applied for an exemption from wearing masks, but they made it so difficult here that it proved impossible. That was stupidity of the highest order - if someone has restricted oxygen to the brain, you don't make them wear a bloody mask.

I understand why people went OTT at first, but they became obsessive about it. Making people wear masks at all times outdoors - when they should be exercising - or making young children wear them particularly wound me up.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Panorama tonight was billed as a documentary about young people and a mental health crisis related to the pandemic.

I actually don’t think they structured/edited particularly well. But enough evidence there about the damage that covid and lockdowns have had on young people and the system that tries to care for them.

Sepp Blatter

Ursula Fanboy
Patron
Panorama tonight was billed as a documentary about young people and a mental health crisis related to the pandemic.

I actually don’t think they structured/edited particularly well. But enough evidence there about the damage that covid and lockdowns have had on young people and the system that tries to care for them.
Sounds interesting - might take a look at that one. Hancock telling children not to kill granny was a truly vile thing to say.

We are now seeing quite a bit of research highlighting some of the problems with educational development caused by closing schools - especially for kids from poorer families and those with learning difficulties. There is also growing evidence that wearing masks for younger children and their teachers will have some long-lasting effects in terms of social, linguistic, and emotional development.

If only people had warned that this might happen...

OB1

Forum Patron
Patron
I know several that blame new onset health conditions on the vaccine - “it started right around the time I had my first jab so I think it’s that” - but without any actual proof

Hitch 22

Forum Patron
Patron
Yes anti vaxxers always blame the jab without proof and have conspiracy theory in their rhetoric .Example Covid Vaccine reaction adverse effects downplayed so Pharma make loads of money .

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
It really has to be a personal choice, for me - to cut a long story short, my missus had some minor strokes during the pandemic (we are not sure if they were vaccine-related or not - there were many other potential reasons) alongside some other conditions that affect her breathing. She applied for an exemption from wearing masks, but they made it so difficult here that it proved impossible. That was stupidity of the highest order - if someone has restricted oxygen to the brain, you don't make them wear a bloody mask.

I understand why people went OTT at first, but they became obsessive about it. Making people wear masks at all times outdoors - when they should be exercising - or making young children wear them particularly wound me up.
Off to Ibiza in a few days, juggling with wether to wear a mask on the plane, probably be ok without seeing as I’ve just shaken off my second bout of covid. Lots of people picking it up at the mo. Must be that new variant.