What's new
PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

TSR2

Advisor to the Owner
Not interested in masks anymore, to be honest (except within medical facilities - that is fair enough). If others want to wear a mask, that is up to them and I don't give anyone a hard time. I twice had accidents (two falls and once banging my head) because I could not see where I was going (I sometimes wear glasses instead of contact lenses). I am more worried about that than the virus - especially as there is little evidence that 'everyday' masks are effective and little research into the potential downsides.

There is already some research suggesting that prolonged mask wearing increases mouth and gum disease, for example - and a few papers emerging suggesting that many masks contain various particulates and volatile organic compounds that you are constantly breathing in - these are carcinogenic and can damage the upper respiratory system. I'll give masks a miss, thanks.
Before lock down all teeth were fine, after wearing a mask for work, in 6 months I have had five teeth just crumble on me ,after research of what the hell was going on mask wearing came up, also people that I know who have had covid this summer have been fully jabded up answers on a post card

Hitch 22

Forum Patron
Patron
Before lock down all teeth were fine, after wearing a mask for work, in 6 months I have had five teeth just crumble on me ,after research of what the hell was going on mask wearing came up, also people that I know who have had covid this summer have been fully jabded up answers on a post card
Covid infection itself has made peoples gums and teeth rot.Unfortunately due to essential hypertension my gums aren't good due to meds I take but that means I mouthwash with Listerine 2 per day and up to 4x with Covid infection.

TSR2

Advisor to the Owner
Covid infection itself has made peoples gums and teeth rot.Unfortunately due to essential hypertension my gums aren't good due to meds I take but that means I mouthwash with Listerine 2 per day and up to 4x with Covid infection.
In my case never had covid, wife has tested every week because of her job with negative results , very easy to blame covid on every thing and dismiss everything else that has gone on TBH

Hitch 22

Forum Patron
Patron
Hope he’s better soon.
Mum and dad went on a cruise .Mum phones me Friday with a cough, haven't got Covid have tested Twice .I take my dad to sporting memories on Tues as my mum isn't into football besides Graham Alexander was giving a talk mum assured me she tested negative .Anyway that night phone call "I'm sorry but got a temp tested positive for Covid but I'm sure you be ok as your Dad's ok and negative" . Thursday comes " can we borrow your oximeter your dad's been coughing really poorly he's strong Covid line" Anyway went round with Oximeter and advised her to ring 111 who were great a Dr px him antibiotics for his chest and obviously keep eye on his Sats if go under 94 hosp job .Think he's bit better now eating but has lost voice still got a cough .Of course upshot is I got a cough tested pos 48 hrs after exposure .Tbh I'm quite annoyed with myself I always usually mask up and am only one at Sporting memories that does (despite majority being old ) but I didn't this time ,won't happen again fed up with it .

Snicky

Hasa Diga Eebowai
Patron
Hey @Sepp Blatter
One for you

Sepp Blatter

Ursula Fanboy
Patron
Hey @Sepp Blatter
One for you

Thanks, Snicky - an interesting paper. More of a case study rather than based on opinion, but I will add it to the library. Slowly but surely, there is evidence building to show that the idea of vaccinating the entire world was futile, and that there should have been much more of a focus on individual risks/benefits when advising people to take the vaccine. Think there will be a lot more fallout to come, although that is only my opinion, of course.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Thanks, Snicky - an interesting paper. More of a case study rather than based on opinion, but I will add it to the library. Slowly but surely, there is evidence building to show that the idea of vaccinating the entire world was futile, and that there should have been much more of a focus on individual risks/benefits when advising people to take the vaccine. Think there will be a lot more fallout to come, although that is only my opinion, of course.
Its quite normal to fallout with snicky, in fairness.