PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Even if he drove there for child care and stayed in a separate building, the children went from one household to another. And it wasn't from a parent to another parent.

He should resign, never mind wait to be sacked. That's if the story is correct as it is.

This is indeed outrageous. I saw the 10pm news... and read the bbc website article and have the following questions/comments (maybe some answered in the Mirror or Guardian:
  • This is FAR FAR worse than other high profile people who've broken the rules - because Cummings and wife both HAD the virus. This is totally wilful. And it's a bloody long way from London to Durham.
  • How did he travel? If he drove, how safe was that? If he took a train... fucking hell!!!
  • We know he had no symptoms on 27th March... but it's confirmed he has it on 30th and he's in Durham on 31st. He must have been at his most infectious.
  • Is this not serious enough to attract a fine? Definitely a sacking offence.

This is indeed outrageous. I saw the 10pm news... and read the bbc website article and have the following questions/comments (maybe some answered in the Mirror or Guardian:
  • This is FAR FAR worse than other high profile people who've broken the rules - because Cummings and wife both HAD the virus. This is totally wilful. And it's a bloody long way from London to Durham.
  • How did he travel? If he drove, how safe was that? If he took a train... fucking hell!!!
  • We know he had no symptoms on 27th March... but it's confirmed he has it on 30th and he's in Durham on 31st. He must have been at his most infectious.
  • Is this not serious enough to attract a fine? Definitely a sacking offence.

This occasion is a sacking surely

Bloody Sociagraph again...

Dominic Cummings is a hypocrite whose position is "untenable", the Government's opponents have said, after it emerged that Boris Johnson's top adviser breached lockdown rules.

Mr Cummings was investigated by police after he drove from London to Durham with his wife and son to stay with his elderly parents after developing symptoms of coronavirus.

A Labour Party spokesman said: “If accurate, the Prime Minister’s chief adviser appears to have breached the lockdown rules. The Government’s guidance was very clear: stay at home and no non-essential travel.

"The British people do not expect there to be one rule for them and another rule for Dominic Cummings. Number 10 needs to provide a very swift explanation for his actions.”

Ian Blackford, the SNP MP, tweeted: "The position of Dominic Cummings is untenable. Why has @BorisJohnson not sacked him yet. Come on @10DowningStreet where is the decisive leadership that is required!"

Bloody Sociagraph again...

Dominic Cummings is a hypocrite whose position is "untenable", the Government's opponents have said, after it emerged that Boris Johnson's top adviser breached lockdown rules.

Mr Cummings was investigated by police after he drove from London to Durham with his wife and son to stay with his elderly parents after developing symptoms of coronavirus.

A Labour Party spokesman said: “If accurate, the Prime Minister’s chief adviser appears to have breached the lockdown rules. The Government’s guidance was very clear: stay at home and no non-essential travel.

"The British people do not expect there to be one rule for them and another rule for Dominic Cummings. Number 10 needs to provide a very swift explanation for his actions.”

Ian Blackford, the SNP MP, tweeted: "The position of Dominic Cummings is untenable. Why has @BorisJohnson not sacked him yet. Come on @10DowningStreet where is the decisive leadership that is required!"

No no no. This is just Dominic showing us what a misfit maverick he is. The most alarming thing about this story is to find out he's spawned a child.

Just seen this on the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52779356

You couldn't make it up!

Something has to happen, if not Johnson will lose what little credibility he has left.

No intention of resigning according to this.

On the day he was pictured running out of Downing Street, he was apparently rushing to see his wife who was feeling rough - the same day Johnson tested positive. The day after, according to his partner, he collapsed and spent 10 days hardly able to breathe and aching whilst she was relatively ok. Once recovered, she says they walked into the madness of London lockdown.

That account was published by her in a newspaper a few weeks ago with no mention childcare and no mention of Durham. I suspect if her account was true, the journey to Durham was tough and probably involved stops en route with added chances to spread it and they then had the chance to spread it to his parents who are over 70. So, whatever his story, he’s broken lockdown rules, not been truthful about how ill he was (dancing around the garden whilst being too ill to get up) and potentially spread the illness to others. If he isn’t sacked, this provides the confirmation that he is the most powerful man in the country.

Starmer will have to wait until the police have finished with the story but, as a lawyer, he’ll pull this apart.

On the day he was pictured running out of Downing Street, he was apparently rushing to see his wife who was feeling rough - the same day Johnson tested positive. The day after, according to his partner, he collapsed and spent 10 days hardly able to breathe and aching whilst she was relatively ok. Once recovered, she says they walked into the madness of London lockdown.

That account was published by her in a newspaper a few weeks ago with no mention childcare and no mention of Durham. I suspect if her account was true, the journey to Durham was tough and probably involved stops en route with added chances to spread it and they then had the chance to spread it to his parents who are over 70. So, whatever his story, he’s broken lockdown rules, not been truthful about how ill he was (dancing around the garden whilst being too ill to get up) and potentially spread the illness to others. If he isn’t sacked, this provides the confirmation that he is the most powerful man in the country.

Starmer will have to wait until the police have finished with the story but, as a lawyer, he’ll pull this apart.

Youve been outfoxed by the fiendish IT. ☺

The statement about the Guardian does him no favours in sounding Trumpesque. Except he's not a democratically elected politician. I suspect they'll end his contract then just re-employ him under a suitable guise. Its not his fault he'd look perfect in a long black leather overcoat I suppose.

Youve been outfoxed by the fiendish IT. ☺

The statement about the Guardian does him no favours in sounding Trumpesque. Except he's not a democratically elected politician. I suspect they'll end his contract then just re-employ him under a suitable guise. Its not his fault he'd look perfect in a long black leather overcoat I suppose.

Yes, I kept thinking it hadn’t posted and ended up with 4 of the same ranting post!

"If a few old people die, so be it" he said.

Then first thing he does after testing positive is travel 250miles to visit his parents with his kids, who probably were also carrying the disease too.

Must have one eye on his inheritance...

and your moaning about me moaning. Hypocrite warning. I can do what I fucking want I don’t need some cretin telling me otherwise. You are obviously happy with the government and think getting 35,000 + is an achievement. Good for you.

Stop using death toll figures deliberately out of context. Germany aren't doing as well as you are told, and we are not doing as badly.

Sadly fear sells papers. And for some odd reason, Germany has been a paragon of virtue since 1945.

Bet Starmers wetting himself with excitement. Going to be excellent to see how he handles this