PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Who’s smart idea was it to open the car parks in the first place? Unless of course they wanted the money

perish the thought James! They’ve opened car parks but only half the toilets and now wonder why the seafront stinks of piss behind all the beach huts. It’s been a tactical masterclass

Just a thought but why was Cummings allowed to run the Tory election campaign? He’s a civil servant, paid for by the tax payer. If he’s running a political campaign he should be paid by those he’s running the campaign for - unless he was temporarily ‘laid off’ during the campaign.

They have but people in the real world know different. Most people did stick to it at first but volume of traffic and pedestrians grew each day, to the point where previously quiet junctions were packed out and people were all over parks drinking and picnicking. I'm not saying you have to be a "leftie" to have a problem with what Cummings did I just think that the "left" will use Cummings as an excuse for people breaking the rules.... When there's pictures of packed out places (like there has been before Cummings did what he did)popping up on twitter, Cummings will be getting blamed in the caption.. I just pointed out the other factors that make people care less about the lockown and break the rules.
You can't trust pictures of packed out places on twitter, taking pictures with a long lens distorts them massively and all the famous pictures of 'packed parks' have been refuted by pictures from other angles which show everyone social distancing. Some people have been nipping out to the park or the beach (although way fewer than the media make it out to be), but that isn't anywhere near the same level as travelling 250 miles across the country with the virus. Durham and nearby places like Sunderland have amongst the highest death rates in the country, and given their geography and the lack of necessary through traffic they just shouldn't. Some of that must be due to people moving into second homes in the area, similar to why Cumbria has such a high death rate. Lockdown rules have been broken occasionally, but I haven't seen or heard of anyone travelling that far. There's no need to politicize it, essentially all this is is a rich cunt who doesn't feel like the rules apply to him putting normal people in provincial towns at risk.

Last edited:
I would say there are probably many other parents who had exactly the same situation and had to cope, possibly they could have travelled to other parts of the country just in case, but they followed the rules. In any case, the rules concerning people with autism didn’t change until 9th April so they aren’t relevant to the first journey.

The second journey to Barnard Castle was after the rules changed, so there might be something there but I’m not sure that’s what the change in rules were meant for - why travel 30 miles, there’s plenty of closer places with peace and quiet.

Has it actually been confirmed about the autism? If it has, it makes the scrum outside his house with child in arms more distasteful.

Im afraid it all fits in with Johnsons cavalier attitude to the virus at the outset. They werent taking it seriously and that many of them caught it probably reflects on their lack of care at the time. I bet Whitty hs a view on which of the feckers infected him.

Well I am not going to condemn Cummings for looking has he sees it, for the benefit of his 4 year old child especially as he apparently has other health problems, I would do exactly the same and ‘sod the lot of you’, and IF you were really honest so would YOU in that situation

As for The Barnards Castle visit, only one nosey person ‘THINKS’ she saw Cummings

Also some of these regulations IMO have always been plain daft, especially the one about talking exercise once a day but only near your home, if you are Social Distancing (as you should) what does it matter where you take it

That said, I have said before when an Official or Minister becomes ‘the story’ perhaps in Football terms, He needs to take one for “the team” maybe “his captain” would like him still on the pitch but IMO is isn’t good looking

Time to give him some Gardening Leave Boris

and if Cummings is 49, surely his parents must be at least in their 70s? Over the age limit for Grandparents to be in contact with youngsters (well, at least the law abiding ones like my parents). Let's face it, he's gone up there to visit parents as it was one of their birthdays, then gone for a day out in Barnard castle for his wife's birthday. We all know this.

Not sure how old his Father is, but it was his Mother's 71st birthday so she definitely should have been sheilding.

Slam dunk...

Well I am not going to condemn Cummings for looking has he sees it, for the benefit of his 4 year old child especially as he apparently has other health problems, I would do exactly the same and ‘sod the lot of you’, and IF you were really honest so would YOU in that situation

Nope.