PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

opening Switch is common sense?

The spread is greatest in Asian areas is fact?

Aye ok.

One night in MJBs world!
Switch is operating as a pub isn't it, its had a change of purpose or something? If you want Switch to close you should share your angst against all the pubs.
If it was opening as a nightclub then it should not happen.

As for the Asian areas I'm sure the reports I have previously shared and the fact that most if not all of the areas affected by the latest restrictions are in high Asian populations, are either made up or coincidence. Im happy to be proven wrong.

Why is it hard for you to even consider that it could be true? Why are you scared to discuss difficult topics? Are you unable to or just unwilling?

Switch is operating as a pub isn't it, its had a change of purpose or something? If you want Switch to close you should share your angst against all the pubs.
If it was opening as a nightclub then it should not happen.

As for the Asian areas I'm sure the reports I have previously shared and the fact that most if not all of the areas affected by the latest restrictions are in high Asian populations, are either made up or coincidence. Im happy to be proven wrong.

Why is it hard for you to even consider that it could be true? Why are you scared to discuss difficult topics? Are you unable to or just unwilling?
Now you mention it.

earlier, this evening, I asked this question.

When the disproportionate number of South East Asian people dying of Covid is reported this is somehow contrived to be some sort of evidence of institutional racism in the UK

When local lockdowns start to happen in areas renowned for their high proportion of Asians / Muslims this is then contrived to be shifting the blame on to the Muslims or to purposefully disrupt Eid. With a look over there at those people in that pub not social distancing.

Anyone Spot a trend here?

That's good, surely.

What the fuck it has to do with you cowardly running away from the actual topic I have no idea.....
When the disproportionate number of South East Asian people dying of Covid is reported this is somehow contrived to be some sort of evidence of institutional racism in the UK

When local lockdowns start to happen in areas renowned for their high proportion of Asians / Muslims this is then contrived to be shifting the blame on to the Muslims or to purposefully disrupt Eid. With a look over there at those people in that pub not social distancing.

yep theres a trend alright :)

Exactly this. Its fucking ridiculous.

It proves once again that you can't even discuss things without cries of racism. raefil and others tried this with me months ago when I merely suggested that living conditions in Asian areas could contribute to high mortality rates.
In normal times there is nothing wrong with multigeneration living arrangements, it should be applauded looking after elderly relatives like that.
But things like covid have shown what can happen.

Coward.

Running away.
Really, well the facts are that the BAME communities and Asian communities work in, predominantly, although not exclusively, low waged areas.

Its also a fact that these communities are close knit and families live, as they do in their cultures, in extended family households. Put these two facts together and lock them in and it comes as little surprise that these communities are disproportionately affected by this virus.

Even wealthier Asian families tend to live in tight knot family bubbles which, I consider a strength not a weakness.

If you think that is running away Id suggest you rethink your comments about what constitutes a coward.

A coward is one who points fingers and doesnt take a single moment to consider why certain communities, predominantly low waged, are disproportionately affected by all this.

I have little understanding, but learning all the time, of the effects of lack of vitamin D, on these communities too.

So no, Im neither blind nor ignorant but i am aware of the multifaceted causes of spread amongst these communities.

I for one am grateful for the fact that whilst so many of us have either been able to be furloghed or work at home these communities have literally been out on the frontline whilst bringing this home to their families.

Well we went to a bar in Torquay away from the busy area thinking it would be a little more spacious. The outside seating area was rammed with footie fans. Watching the fa cup. Inside it advised to take a seat and someone would be over to take your order. So we sat at a ”sanitized” table. Away from groups. I needed the ladies, so followed the arrows, only to find the way through blocked by chairs which had been moved by punters. I got through, when I got back no one had Ben to serve, (must have been 10 minutes) so we upped and left, having to ignore the one way system because there was more space walking against it. Could not believe my eyes, places like that really do need shutting down. Especially when little backstreet boozers are making a better job of it.

Well we went to a bar in Torquay away from the busy area thinking it would be a little more spacious. The outside seating area was rammed with footie fans. Watching the fa cup. Inside it advised to take a seat and someone would be over to take your order. So we sat at a ”sanitized” table. Away from groups. I needed the ladies, so followed the arrows, only to find the way through blocked by chairs which had been moved by punters. I got through, when I got back no one had Ben to serve, (must have been 10 minutes) so we upped and left, having to ignore the one way system because there was more space walking against it. Could not believe my eyes, places like that really do need shutting down. Especially when little backstreet boozers are making a better job of it.
The bottom line is theres not a cat in hells chance these people are going to turn paying customers away.

The bottom line is theres not a cat in hells chance these people are going to turn paying customers away.

Contrast that to where I am now and it has a limit of 84 people maximum and at 1pm today the doors were locked so no one could get in as they were at capacity. Some places will abide by the rules and turn customers away. Some won’t. All of them are trying to save their skins however

Really, well the facts are that the BAME communities and Asian communities work in, predominantly, although not exclusively, low waged areas.

Its also a fact that these communities are close knit and families live, as they do in their cultures, in extended family households. Put these two facts together and lock them in and it comes as little surprise that these communities are disproportionately affected by this virus.

Even wealthier Asian families tend to live in tight knot family bubbles which, I consider a strength not a weakness.

If you think that is running away Id suggest you rethink your comments about what constitutes a coward.

A coward is one who points fingers and doesnt take a single moment to consider why certain communities, predominantly low waged, are disproportionately affected by all this.

I have little understanding, but learning all the time, of the effects of lack of vitamin D, on these communities too.

So no, Im neither blind nor ignorant but i am aware of the multifaceted causes of spread amongst these communities.

I for one am grateful for the fact that whilst so many of us have either been able to be furloghed or work at home these communities have literally been out on the frontline whilst bringing this home to their families.
👏👏

Wow, raefil has grown a pair of balls at last.

At least we agree the multigenerational living is a good thing but in times like this there are dangers.

And as for pointing fingers I am fully aware of how different communities live and by your own recognition culture has a lot to do with it.

So perhaps we can agree that maybe, just maybe there may be a chance that could also be a reason why cases in Asian areas are rising.

He never said only.

”If you look at the areas where we've seen rises and cases, the vast majority, but not by any stretch of the imagination all areas, it is the BAME communities that are not taking this seriously enough."

What if it is true? It is his constituency, he knows it well. There are documented cases of this happening and the spread is greatest in Asian areas. Not racism but fact.

I agree about Begum, I hope the bitch dies in that Syrian hell hole before she gets chance to have her case heard. But have her case heard she should.

Trying to get a Democratic vote through a very resistant Parliament needed drastic action. Not one I agreed with but something needed to be done to end the impasse. I guess an 80 seat majority did the job instead.

Sorry, JR? 😳
You hope she dies?

wow!

👏👏

Wow, raefil has grown a pair of balls at last.

At least we agree the multigenerational living is a good thing but in times like this there are dangers.

And as for pointing fingers I am fully aware of how different communities live and by your own recognition culture has a lot to do with it.

So perhaps we can agree that maybe, just maybe there may be a chance that could also be a reason why cases in Asian areas are rising.
Fucking hell, you mocked me with California for stating that the latest lockdowns were timed to quell the Eid celebrations.
Yet here you are a day later saying that culture has a lot to do with it.

Unfuckingbelievable!!!!!!!!!

What
I said to the hubby, it was all about the Wonga, we have stuck to well spaced out places or anywhere you can sit outside, but that place was a bloody joke.

There is nothing wrong with Asians living in multi generation houses, in fact as pointed out by Snicky, it's a good thing that they care for the older generation in the family. It's great under normal circumstances but has it's obvious problems wrt spreading of Covid 19.

Problem is Raef, you are trying to shift the argument to one of social inequality etc. That really doesn't help debate. It's a simple fact that Asian culture is far from ideal for containing the pandemic, that's not racism it's just real life. Until people feel able to discuss this openly without being accused of racism, and people like you trying to muddy the waters with left wing politics, nothing is going to happen. As a society, we need to look for solutions, but that's near impossible if we can't be honest and recognise the facts.

We're talking about peoples lives, and if that can't rise above politics, what can?

There is nothing wrong with Asians living in multi generation houses, in fact as pointed out by Snicky, it's a good thing that they care for the older generation in the family. It's great under normal circumstances but has it's obvious problems wrt spreading of Covid 19.

Problem is Raef, you are trying to shift the argument to one of social inequality etc. That really doesn't help debate. It's a simple fact that Asian culture is far from ideal for containing the pandemic, that's not racism it's just real life. Until people feel able to discuss this openly without being accused of racism, and people like you trying to muddy the waters with left wing politics, nothing is going to happen. As a society, we need to look for solutions, but that's near impossible if we can't be honest and recognise the facts.

We're talking about peoples lives, and if that can't rise above politics, what can?
Could i point out that o this debate i havent accused anyone of racism. However i will stick to my argument of social inequality not just in the BAME community but also in the white working class communities.

Could i point out that o this debate i havent accused anyone of racism. However i will stick to my argument of social inequality not just in the BAME community but also in the white working class communities.
I wasn’t saying you’d accused anyone of racism, but more generally debate on issues involving BAME communities aren’t happening because people fear being called racist, such is the woke culture that the country has sleep walked into.

As you know, I agree with a lot of what you say regarding social justice but bringing the politics into this issue doesn’t help, it simply muddies the main points. There is a simple fact that Asian culture is an issue here. There’s nothing wrong with that culture per se, but we should be looking for ways of mitigating the problem.

I'm no fan of this Government but I do think they've done the right thing by advising a clearly "at risk" group not to mingle, at a time when infections appear to be on the rise again.

It's the first time in a long while there's been actual leadership from this shower of shit.

Yes it has disrupted an important religious festival but in one single, difficult and unpopular move it has prevented the spread to thousands of vulnerable people and key workers.