PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

I think he might have been playing them just an incy wincy bit
you don’t get to where he has these days without a little self interest
He's Merseyside born. They don't exactly get on too well with Manchester, usually, but I doubt if Andy was worried about that when he saw what the remuneration was (£125,000). That'll do nicely... until a better opportunity comes along...

It's inconceivable that your second name isn't 'T'. At least related, with deranged contributions like this and laughing above at the misfortune of the discrimination against fellow Lancastrians.

...and a three wheeler bicycle/mini trailer combo, with a little wind mill on top of a long car aerial ?

I think he might have been playing them just an incy wincy bit
you don’t get to where he has these days without a little self interest
I think I've been so retrained in my replies to you. Everyone seems to kiss your arse on here. Not me anymore, you're infuriating, even when actual facts are put in front of you.

I think I've been so retrained in my replies to you. Everyone seems to kiss your arse on here. Not me anymore, you're infuriating, even when actual facts are put in front of you.
Wow. No offence meant. You should know that. Just a bit of debate and discussion And turn the wick down a bit please.
what on earth is infuriating about suggesting he may have some political motivation. That’s totally reasonable, he was a politician
I simply enjoy a good debate and am quite content in my style of questioning if that is ok?
and yes I very much like your style and I very much respect your views and opinions also - as you rightly say you have put forward facts and for that I thank you, we don’t in this instance have the actual negotiation base data so have to offer some presumptive thoughts
I bid you a pleasant and peaceful night and tomorrow is another day

Your a bit full on. It’s a healthy debate. Surely internet forum debate shouldn’t infuriate anyone. Each to their own though... as you openly admit ‘gobshite’

He's Merseyside born. They don't exactly get on too well with Manchester, usually, but I doubt if Andy was worried about that when he saw what the remuneration was (£125,000). That'll do nicely... until a better opportunity comes along...
This circular argument rears its head again. What salary do you think is appropriate for people in charge of a budget of around £700m per year and 2.5m people reliant on your services? £25k? £50k? £100k? £200k?

Who are you trying to impress by having a row with me? It's always been obvious you've got no friends on this forum. Seriously why are you starting with me?
Never wanted to impress anyone or make cyber friends that’s quite obvious. At times I think people need to know there is life beyond the subsection of a football forum. Not starting just didn’t get you starting on another poster. Happy to debate with anyone regardless of their political stance.

Hospitals are full this time of year, every year. Autumn into Winter. Respiratory diseases.

Sure, a massive sudden covid spike could knock the NHS over, but it's a bit like the "deaths / excess deaths" argument. We're now so tuned into covid coverage that a lot of people forget (or didn't perhaps 'realise' in the first place) that hospitals always get full and people always die.
I've just had 2 covid tests and spent 3 days in hospital...The place was dead apart from staff, Spooky.

Chill out Winkers. He's an annoying fecker who just asks questions but hardly ever puts forward answers/opinions . I think he's a God Botherer but it all makes for a good soup. And he did help me out with my car insurance, Hastings. :D

Last edited:
That was a long drawn out way of coming to a conclusion using theories in which you hope to hide the fact that you completely missed the basic point . My initial point which you took liberties with stated that the headline is wrong. That was the main thrust as you well know. It was titled Covid cases rise by 10000 per day. The article itself was not really the main event here, just the headline. Anyway , you must try harder.

:eek: I think you are so suspicious that I'm trying to score points, and so fixed in your view, that you're not taking time to think this through properly. I tried a detailed (not 'drawn out') explanation - not to hide anything but to be totally transparent... and short posts weren't cutting through. You are wrong - it really is as simple as that. And yes... I did get that the headline was the main issue... and if you look, I did clearly explain - the headline is perfectly fair. Indeed if anything, it could have used a bigger number!

I know exactly the mistake you're making, although I'm not sure why. You are mistakenly interpreting it as though it says that "cases are rising by 10,000 per day per day" (which is a wrong interpretation... and anyway would not be at all intuitive to readers). This means that you mistakenly think that the headline should say "rising by 1,500 a day". But as I explained.., any mention of the number 1500 would be totally incorrect unless you talk in terms of growth-rates / acceleration in the number of cases... not a "rise" in the number of cases as was the case in this headline.

One thing I'll say is that the headline would have been more detailed - drawn out ;) - if it said "Coronavirus: The Daily Rate of cases in England 'rises by 10,000 a day' in the space of a week - ONS" - but that's quite a different flavour and headlines need to be concise. I think you're blinkered to see an agenda of exaggeration by the headline writer. Especially when you think that it was written on the day that Coronavirus cases in England rose by 27,000 !!!

I've been totally polite to you, today at least!!. I have taken no liberties. You just keep telling me that black is white - and that I am being highly rude and disingenuous for calling it black!

Last edited: